Wheel bearings

Bluebusa60544

Registered
I know there’s several threads about ceramic bearings but is there a real advantage beyond longevity? I’m powdercoating wheels which will require new bearings. I can replace OEM bearings 3 times for price of ceramic. I’m not looking for a couple hundredths in quarter mile or ease of pushing bike around garage.

....did you read the thread on "Rolling Resistance?" That's the place for a question such as this...

No problem. That thread seemed like asking what oil to use. People are convinced their way is right. Been searching for OEM bearing life span and seems like ceramic doesn’t justify the expense for my purposes. I’ll go with OEM. Thanks and consider this duplicate thread DOA.

No problem. That thread seemed like asking what oil to use. People are convinced their way is right. Been searching for OEM bearing life span and seems like ceramic doesn’t justify the expense for my purposes. I’ll go with OEM. Thanks and consider this duplicate thread DOA.
It did that too....then it digressed for a bit, then came back on track....like most threads here which makes them interesting and fun.

My opinion (and only mine) suggests that for most applications of riding, the OEM work just fine.

It all depends on how often and how far you push your bike.
Just jokin go read the “Rolling Resistance” thread. thread.

Back