Whats this thick white crap in my tank, also what got ground off?

Superjustin13

Registered
Whatever this is it makes the cap difficult to open, it looks house paint in the tank.

anyone have this problem or recognize what it is?

IMAG0258.jpg

Also what was there and got ground off? Just a bolt for a slider or something?

IMAG0263.jpg

What the heck!?? Did you make someone mad?? You didn't put baking flour in your woman's hair dryer did you??

Wow. Never seen anything like that. Looking forward to finding out what it is. Your bike runs ok?

looks like a tank sealer to me and looks like your frame slider bolt in that ground off spot if the bike was wrecked before and they repaired the tank with a stud gun you have to seal the tank or it will start rusting

looks like a tank sealer to me and looks like your frame slider bolt in that ground off spot if the bike was wrecked before and they repaired the tank with a stud gun you have to seal the tank or it will start rusting

That's what i figured. The bike was down on the left side a little bit. left fairing had to be replaced.

knock on the left side of the tank you will probably hear the tone change if that happens then thats probably why that sealer is in the but you are supposed to take out that cap and tape it off

Looks like tank sealer to me - although they should have removed the tank hardware before putting it in. Not sure what the ground off thing is on the frame though.

knock on the left side of the tank you will probably hear the tone change if that happens then thats probably why that sealer is in the but you are supposed to take out that cap and tape it off
I usually put saran wrap around the fuel cap and then close the cap for sealant. You're lucky the sealant didn't get up into the latching mechanism of the fuel cap.

Back