Whats the worse thing I've ever seen.....

All it takes is one bad call for us. That's why we have teams that come out for bad calls. People we can talk to so that we can get past it. Far too few of us use that team.

I respect what you're doing but in my humble opinion some things don't need to be spoken or repeated. If you need to get it off your chest, vent or for therapy I get it...I been there but its not always for everybody and for every place. Again just my humble opinion...Respectfully

I respect what you're doing but in my humble opinion some things don't need to be spoken or repeated. If you need to get it off your chest, vent or for therapy I get it...I been there but its not always for everybody and for every place. Again just my humble opinion...Respectfully

The point of this post wasn't to vent or to get anything off my chest. I face my own demons head on without help from outside sources.

Therapy, for the writer or the reader, can be found in a number of places, even on an internet forum....respectfully.
For some people it can be a trigger for things they'd like to forget. I've done a few combat tours, been sat down and have a few war stories from the streets. We can disagree on it on all day but hope you feel where Im coming from.

I know 2 things: 1) I couldn't do that job and 2) it takes a very special person to do it. Without the vast numbers of "special people" I'm not sure where we'd be...

Thank you for being one of the special ones @GAmedic

By no means do I think I'm a hero nor am I Gods gift to mankind, but he blessed me with a gift to do what I do and continue to push through because at the end of the day, it's a trophy knowing i made a difference in someone's life.

By no means do I think I'm a hero nor am I Gods gift to mankind, but he blessed me with a gift to do what I do and continue to push through because at the end of the day, it's a trophy knowing i made a difference in someone's life.

And another trait most of you have, being humble ;) I know I appreciate those that can do the job...my heart breaks just hearing about the calls friends/family have gone out on.

And another trait most of you have, being humble ;) I know I appreciate those that can do the job...my heart breaks just hearing about the calls friends/family have gone out on.

My dad is a wise man and raised me to be the way I am now. Be humble for our graves are the same size. Be kind for everyone you meet fights a battle you know nothing about. Forgive those who do wrong by you for they dont know any better. One thing that can never be taken from you is hope so dont ever give up what you believe in.

I think a lot about the roles we all play and how some people are just cut out for certain jobs others wouldn't last a day in. I think I could do the EMS thing but over time my thick skin would get penetrated and I don't think I would last long term.

On the other hand the pressure of designing buildings and being responsible for 1,000's of lives if something went wrong doesn't bother me too much. I just focus on what needs to be done and sleep most nights. We do have people who freak out over the pressure though. One guy just got up and quit one day after 20 years. Said he was done worrying about making a mistake.

To me police, EMS & Fire are on a different level because they are in such difficult, dangerous positions and you never really know the full situation or danger, you just have to best guess it. That would unravel my nerves pretty fast. I'm confident relying on brains but not so much running on instinct.

I think a lot about the roles we all play and how some people are just cut out for certain jobs others wouldn't last a day in. I think I could do the EMS thing but over time my thick skin would get penetrated and I don't think I would last long term.

On the other hand the pressure of designing buildings and being responsible for 1,000's of lives if something went wrong doesn't bother me too much. I just focus on what needs to be done and sleep most nights. We do have people who freak out over the pressure though. One guy just got up and quit one day after 20 years. Said he was done worrying about making a mistake.

To me police, EMS & Fire are on a different level because they are in such difficult, dangerous positions and you never really know the full situation or danger, you just have to best guess it. That would unravel my nerves pretty fast. I'm confident relying on brains but not so much running on instinct.

The average career span of public safety is 5 years now. I've lasted 12 largely in part because of my dad who spent 28 in the field. Its definitely a field of work that requires you to know when to have a heart and know when not to. Our suicide rate is pretty high and our divorce rate is even higher. When it boils down to it, probably the most nerve wracking point is hoping I get the medication dosages correct but in reality there are only a couple of meds that really require calculations. Most of our meds are prefilled to a certain dosage so we just give the whole vial or ampule and move on.

Manufacturers make our equipment pretty straightforward so in reality you'd have to try hard to screw something up.

Hi. What snowflakes they are so offended by every thing so they can not get anything done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The very worst thing I have seen is the photo of me on the 1000HD. I hope It did not crack to many screens.

Back