Whats the turbo tire now?

mysticblu999

Registered
Been way too long since I've burned up tire on my turbo bike. I haven't even seen it in over a year. I hope to get it back soon. I think it has a Michelin Power RS that is probably 3 years old or older. I'm probably going to need to change the tires soon. I need a 120/60 up front for the heat exchanger but more importantly I need a rear that hooks. The GT4088 hits hard when it come on. Always ran a 190/50 or a 180/55 from my track bike. I liked the 180/55 because it was flatter on the busa wheel. I'm looking at the Power GP. It looks like the good old Power One.

What are you guys running?? Anyone running a 200/55? I'm wondering how the contact patch is for staight line turbo fun

Hook up is the easiest to use on the street. And if the street is rough the hookup shines. The drag max works on smooth roads but it’s always a gamble. A lot of roll racers run the drag max or q4. I have used the q4 and I couldn’t make it. Put a hook up on and it hooked all the time. All depends how much effort and how fast you really want to go.

#ShinkoTires make me nervous .

I am a Michelin Man .

Laugh Out Loud !

:lol:

200.gif

Lord I may try the darkside then.... that dragmax don't look bad.

No one runs Michelin anymore??
Hi. I have a turbo bike that I am building with a Garrett G42-1200c turbo. I will run a car tire a Michelin cup 2 tire in the 215/45/17 it has a speed rating (y) that is over 186 MPH. As bike tires only have a W rating of up to 168 MPH. I have to see if I can use it in my class of LSR Racing.

Lord I may try the darkside then.... that dragmax don't look bad.

No one runs Michelin anymore??
Idk anyone that does. A lot of hookups and dragmax is what I see people running.

I was at 68 inches with a hookup going 3.4 60-130. That’s a very soft leave. Slowly turning the bike up. Trying to find what’s the most it will take with the hook up then If I have time swap a dragmax on and see if it will take as much as the hook up does and how fast it goes. I just shorten the bike up to 66 inches. So hopefully i don’t have to worry about it spinning when I lay into it soon.

200.gif

Back