whats the lightest busa out there?

macetech

Registered
im still working on my cafe racer hayabusa project and after looking at a massive pile of takeoff's i am starting to wonder the new weight of my bike. since I am not quite done yet and dont have scales at the moment, I was interested to see what other people have come up with on their bike. kinda give me a number to shoot for. just post mods and weight, but if you want to take the show maybe toss up a pic of the bike on the scales and the readings.
Hopefully I can have numbers for mine within a week or two. I would love to get as close to my friends ducati streetfighter as possible. which is impracticle at best.

Home

HANDLING/STYLING MODIFICATIONS
- SEBIMOTO carbon fiber fairings (full kit. Including tank) provided by YOYODYNE
- Carbontek Carbon Fiber GSXR 1000 style vented front fender and rear hugger.
- Magical Racing Carbon fiber mirrors with integrated turn signals..
- 1/2 Inch shortened swing arm (by milling rear axle reciever on arm, and shortening chain)
- Zero Gravity Double bubble windscreen (Tricktape.com)
- Marvic Magnesium front and rear rims, with aluminum sproket on rear (+2 over stock)
- Ohlins adjustable rear shock built to weight spec for bike by Lindemann Engineering (Motorcycle Race Suspension - Lindemann Engineering)
- NEW! Ohlins Street and Track forks revalved and resprung by Lindemann Engineering (1kilo springs and gold valving)
- Pirelli Supercorsa Tires (Race Compound, Soft front, Medium Rear, 33psi)
- Brembo four pot racing calipers with kit pads and steel braided lines (provided by YOYODYNETI.COM)
- Brembo Discs (provided by YOYODYNETI.COM)
- 1" inch positive ride height adjustment to rear made via dogbone.
- Agras/Mikuni Triple Clamp, lowers front by .5" and increases clip on width by 1" total (TRICKTAPE.COM)
- Agras/Mikuni Adjustable rearsets. (TRICKTAPE.COM)
- Removed: rear passenger foot pegs, CA emissions, rear hump, rear hum locking assembly, all stock turn signals, toolkit, front headlight assembly, etc.)
- ICEMAN LED rear brake lights
- Lasercut gold metallic custom hayabusa decal set by SterlingSilver
- Vanson Leathers
- Roof "Boxer" Helmet
- Icon TIMAX gloves

Total weight savings: 70lbs. (based on stock weight of 540lbs)
Wet Weight with half of a tank of gas is 475.5lbs.

Home

- SEBIMOTO carbon fiber fairings (full kit. Including tank) provided by YOYODYNE
- 1/2 Inch shortened swing arm (by milling rear axle reciever on arm, and shortening chain)
- Marvic Magnesium front and rear rims, with aluminum sproket on rear (+2 over stock)
- Ohlins adjustable rear shock built to weight spec for bike by Lindemann Engineering (Motorcycle Race Suspension - Lindemann Engineering)
- NEW! Ohlins Street and Track forks revalved and resprung by Lindemann Engineering (1kilo springs and gold valving)
- Brembo four pot racing calipers with kit pads and steel braided lines (provided by YOYODYNETI.COM)
- Agras/Mikuni Triple Clamp, lowers front by .5" and increases clip on width by 1" total (TRICKTAPE.COM)
- Removed: rear passenger foot pegs, CA emissions, rear hump, rear hum locking assembly, all stock turn signals, toolkit, front headlight assembly, etc.)
- Vanson Leathers
- Roof "Boxer" Helmet
- Icon TIMAX gloves

I must have it!!!!!!!

damn. a carbon fiber hayabusa is like a titanium sledgehammer. both pointless and super bad ass at the same time.

couldn't agree more love it

hindle 4-1 is very nice too (good pipe on a 12r) and makes the right noise

Can i ask your reason behind shortening the OAL of the swingarm? Judging by the other suspension mods Im thinking you were aiming for shorter wheelbase/less rake up front for improved handling. I was considering something similar by swapping the swingarm altogether, since its also a major chunk of weight/long/ugly as whoopy Goldberg.

Home

- Vanson Leathers
- Roof "Boxer" Helmet
- Icon TIMAX gloves

Do you have a picture of the front of the bike? Love that nose cone fairing :)

damn. a carbon fiber hayabusa is like a titanium sledgehammer. both pointless and super bad ass at the same time.

I think I gotta respectfully disagree on the "pointless" part....you can't make a high performance vehicle too light....especially when they start out heavy. Making a Busa "flickable" is a religious experience!

003.jpg

I meet a guy at the Crossroads of time Deals Gap A few years ago. Some of you may know him ,He said he lived in Franklin NC and was a captin on a boat in florida 1/2 a year. He had done about everything that could be done to a Busa the most moded at the time I have ever seen.
Carbon fiber everything I did not see a part that had not been changed or modified and to top it off he had a turbo on it.
I sat on it and rolled it back and forth felt like a 600 to me.
That is a real nice busa you have up there KLM -I road the Cabot trail 2 years ago ,ate at Meat Cove looking forward to going back

Last edited:
Just to be clear that's not my Busa pictured above. It was owned by NickSlick.

Here's mine. (any excuse to post a pic, eh? :) )

2852594350102950911S600x600Q85.jpg

cheers
ken

This is the first I've seen your bike with the new tank Ken, it's just beautiful! I really appreciate how you continually improve your scooter. Doyle

Mine is 60lbs lighter without Carbon Fiber bodywork. Could lose another 3-4lbs with my Carbon Fiber Tank that is for sale in the Classifieds section.

View attachment 1557803

Last time it was weighed with a full tank it was 195.5kgs = 431.003 pounds

View attachment 1557804

View attachment 1557805

View attachment 1557806

Since then I've removed more bits: now with 2 litres of fuel it weighs 187.5kgs = 413.366 pounds

Do I win? :lol:

(yeh, yeh, I know, ya can't ride it on the steet... :rulez: )
Hey Pan , your carbon Busa was the freaking ducks guts , and at very least , inspired a heap of us south oz lads to go crazy , googling the hell out of carbon body work and BST wheels and repairable wreck Busa . When yours was discovered up for sale , there was a lot of fellas scurrying around trying to sell off assets to buy that beast . Still want to get one of them fuel cells , anyway cheers mate .

Back