What's the last CD you bought?

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
I usually just let the radio dictate what I sing as I sit here at my little desk in my cramped office...this is me rotting away little by little every day ---->  
type.gif

So, today it's something I haven't heard in a long time...put in a little Pink Floyd live and I'm feeling okay...
super.gif

Last CDs I bought - Nelly's "Nellyville" and The Spinners Greatest Hits...got some funny looks when I bought the two together!

What are you listening to?  Last purchases?

egitarre77.gif

I usually just let the radio dictate what I sing as I sit here at my little desk in my cramped office...this is me rotting away little by little every day ---->  
type.gif

So, today it's something I haven't heard in a long time...put in a little Pink Floyd live and I'm feeling okay...
super.gif

Last CDs I bought - Nelly's "Nellyville" and The Spinners Greatest Hits...got some funny looks when I bough the two together!

egitarre77.gif
looked around for a real oldie Kim carnes Betty davis Eyes. found it last week. Also bought Astral projections "In Search of UFO's.

I listen to WWW.Shoutcast.com all day at work. Streaming Audio and just about any flavor you like. Last time I actually went to an analog record shop I bought an Eminem CD and mixed that up with a little Marylin Manson. Yeah I tend to get wierd looks as well... Could just be the face I spos'e...
crazy.gif

To utilize shoutcast go to "winamp.com" down load and install it (free). Then go to Shoutcast and find just about anything you want streamed right to your PC. Just sort rub up against your Sys admin first though. Streaming audio can eat a bit of bandwidth.

type.gif

super.gif

Last CDs I bought - Nelly's "Nellyville" and The Spinners Greatest Hits...got some funny looks when I bought the two together!

egitarre77.gif
The last one I bought was Wayne Wonder (Reggae Dancehall), but I have been busy loading music onto my IPOD. I just finished that group of "old soul" music. Incuded is:

The Best of The Spinners
The Best of The Stylistics
The best of Al Green
The Best of Barry White
The Best of Kool & the Gang
The Best of Earth Wind & Fire
The Best of Blue Magic

Plus several combination CD's.

i love this IPOD!

I listen to WWW.Shoutcast.com all day at work.  Streaming Audio and just about any flavor you like.  Last time I actually went to an analog record shop I bought an Eminem CD and mixed that up with a little Marylin Manson.  Yeah I tend to get wierd looks as well...  Could just be the face I spos'e...
crazy.gif

To utilize shoutcast go to "winamp.com" down load and install it (free).  Then go to Shoutcast and find just about anything you want streamed right to your PC.  Just sort rub up against your Sys admin first though.  Streaming audio can eat a bit of bandwidth.
If you browsed my CD collection, you'd be looking at me funny -

I've got everything from Marilyn Manson (love the COMA cd) to The Commodores! Toss in some Dave Matthews Band (the one band I couldn't live without!) and Mary J Blige...Fleetwood Mac to Eminem...David Bowie, Collective Soul...oh, I could go on and on (but, you'd want to kill me!)

I can't get streaming audio here at work...fuggin Internet filters and firewall! If I could, it'd probably be stuck on some 70's station!

The last one I bought was Wayne Wonder (Reggae Dancehall), but I have been busy loading music onto my IPOD. I just finished that group of "old soul" music. Incuded is:

The Best of The Spinners
The best of Al Green
The Best of Barry White
The Best of Blue Magic

i love this IPOD!
Thinker - you've got my 70's soul collection!  I swear, over the last year or so, I've been amassing most of what you listed!

Damn, I hate that Barry White's gone...that was a sad day...

Got to toss in some Marvin Gaye and Gladys Knight's "Midnight Train to Georgia"!

I listen to WWW.Shoutcast.com all day at work.  Streaming Audio and just about any flavor you like.  Last time I actually went to an analog record shop I bought an Eminem CD and mixed that up with a little Marylin Manson.  Yeah I tend to get wierd looks as well...  Could just be the face I spos'e...
crazy.gif

To utilize shoutcast go to "winamp.com" down load and install it (free).  Then go to Shoutcast and find just about anything you want streamed right to your PC.  Just sort rub up against your Sys admin first though.  Streaming audio can eat a bit of bandwidth.
If you browsed my CD collection, you'd be looking at me funny -

I've got everything from Marilyn Manson (love the COMA cd) to The Commodores!  Toss in some Dave Matthews Band (the one band I couldn't live without!) and Mary J Blige...Fleetwood Mac to Eminem...David Bowie, Collective Soul...oh, I could go on and on (but, you'd want to kill me!)

I can't get streaming audio here at work...fuggin Internet filters and firewall!  If I could, it'd probably be stuck on some 70's station!
Actually sounds about right. I've got just about anything you could want except country and Vocal opera. EWWWW!

Mozart->Metallica->VNV Nation->NIN->Creed->PinkFloyd-> Even some Barry White, though not much. I have about 80Gig's of MP3's.

Bummer about Barry White, good stuff to remember him by though...Ah Immortality acheived...

I have a B.B.A. in Music Business, but I got out after only 1 year. Too many mergers resulting in too many without a job. Anyway, I don't listen to much anymore. No radio, and just a little on CD. Last in the player: Corrosion of Conformity. Others in the truck include, Stormtroopers of Death, The Ramones, Sex Pistols, THe Cramps, The Rolling Stones, Metallica, Ozzy, The Greatful Dead. Need to add the Almond Brothers to the truck.
super.gif

The Best of The Spinners
The best of Al Green
The Best of Barry White
The Best of Blue Magic

i love this IPOD!
Thinker - you've got my 70's soul collection!  I swear, over the last year or so, I've been amassing most of what you listed!

Damn, I hate that Barry White's gone...that was a sad day...

Got to toss in some Marvin Gaye and Gladys Knight's "Midnight Train to Georgia"!
That is soooo funny, I am downloading Marvin's Greatest Hits right th F now! i am serious. Earlier, I did Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes, ohio Players, and the 5th Dimmension. Still gotta do Stevie Wonder!

Next week, I will hit my Beetles collection,m along with James Taylor, Gordon Lightfoot and others from that era.

I still have to do Jazz...well my version of Jazz/classic Rock...Kenny G, Santanna, Phil Collins, Elton John and Billy Joel etc.

R&B/Hiphiop is mostly done. Reggae is mostly done.

Where in the hell do I put Yanni?

As you can see, I am all over the map too!

Damn Greg - when are you going to send me all this soul music?! I'm in need man...5th Dimension, Ohio Players!
I'm hooked on this damn DirecTV 70's channel - have been for 3 years now, and I've found that I need so many CDs...poop, Ohio Players "Skin Tight" just came on there...

Do you know how long I've been wanting to buy "The Love I Lost" by Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes...I love that song so much...

I've got Marvin Gaye's 4-cd collection...good old stuff on there...

Gararnett - you mean the Allman Bros? If so, spend the money and buy the 4-cd collection...it's great...

Hey Revlis - ditto on the country and opera...I don't have any of that in my collection...now, southern rock is another story!
biggrin.gif

Well folks I think I have it all in my collection including the country and opera. Latest CD was either the SACD version of Miles Davis Kinda Blue or the SACD version The Police Every Breath You take.

I must admit that most of my opera is modern female stuff, however, the country runs the spectrum. Funny, I couldn't stand it growing up in the South, now it's just kinda familiar. It also tends to be a little less angry than a lot of the new stuff and you should never ride a Busa angry
AAAssjani.gif

Beware of the Busa, it can smell your fear
grim.gif

I just bought KEM...A little Jazz...Black market, however...

VaBusa, yeah I mean the Allman Bros. I got that CD and several others, just don't have em in the truck right now. Lookin at the Fillmore Concerts right now and I do have the Dreams collection. I got some Stained, Smashed Gladys, Molly Hatchett, Lenny Kravitz, Jane's Addiction and more laying here in the floor at the house, just need to get 'em in the truck.

Last CD I bought was Kittie "Oracle" but think I have Slipknot in player right now.

Might of been Fear Factory, not really sure

Most of my MP3 dowloads are from the 80's... ( My friends keep telling me I should go out more often
sad.gif

Lately I've been listening to the TOP GUN OST. ( I should be ashamed to have posted this about myself <argh> )

chevelle, and taproot were the last two I bought... shortly after christmas

Back