What's the feeling after a good wreck?

After my crash in 07 my wife bought my new 08... The first thing I did when I left the dealership was to ride to the exact spot where I crashed. I got in the same lane, same speed (a little more observant) and rode through it... I turned around and went back through it again. I rode home and told my wife... "The healing has begun" A truck pulled out in front of me when I went down and there wasnt anything that I could have done differently to prevent it. However even to this day I am extra super cautious when I see traffic pulling onto the highway.... I'm not scared just more observant and definately more understanding of the consequences of not paying attention and making a misjudgement. Bad things happen very quickly.

cap

The only thing I remember just after my wreck was "SHOOT I've got to call my wife and tell her"! That was the worse thing!

LOL. This is sooo frickn' true!!! I called her from the ambulance heading to to ER, asked the guy to shut off the siren for a sec, told her I was having coffee with a friend and will be late. Thankfully my injuries were a couple stitches here and there and lots of bruises, but no fractures or broken bones. Then called her and asked her to meet me at the beach with a bottle of wine, had a friend drop me off, and she frickn went nutts when she saw my face all banged up and swollen, with a huge patch over my shut eye. limping like a zombie, and couldnt sit down coz my azz was blue. a couple of drinks and the beatiful sound of the waves, the mood shifted 180 degrees in no time! it was just great being able to experience that again! However when we woke up the next day the first thing before Good Morning: "I TOLD YOU SO!" :laugh:

Back