What's the feeling after a good wreck?

I don't like the word "FEAR"---I prefer the word "RESPECT". That's what I teach in the MSF course. Now matter what the bike--respect both the limits of the bike and the rider!

I've never had a "GOOD" wreck. good one revvv.

No such thing. go easy and enjoy yourself. Think about much it hurt physically and financialy to crash. Or looking at your bike all messed up.I only wanted to fix my bike from being wrecked once.And that was when I got it.Read alot and like said here before ask question's. Have fun.

Wow. Some great words of wisdom above. :bowdown:

Here are some other thoughts from an old guy....

There are no good wrecks. The only good ones are the ones that you don't have.

If you have a wreck, the only good thing that can come from it is the experience you gain and hopefully a more sensible attitude.

Speaking of attitude, there are not many folks who get thrown from a horse who decide that they really need to get on an even bigger horse. In your case, the biggest horse out there. I've been riding for over 30 years now and the Busa is one horse that seriously demands respect (as in Holy 5h1t!).

This bit of advice comes from the masthead of American Horizons, the internal publication of American Airlines (circa 1935):
"Aviation is not unsafe, but, like the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness or neglect.” That applies to motorcycles as well. As we pilots say, be careful, or the ground will rise up to smite thee.

And finally...

Don't look at the obstacle - look for the path through. Look past the pothole, the curve, the off-camber turn, or whatever and focus on where you actually want to go. If you focus on the obstacle, you will head right for it. Look to where you want to go. That's actually a pretty good lesson for your life, too.

Ride safe.

Last edited:
I wrecked a Yamaha XJR1300 into a tunnel wall in Italy at 76Mph. Don't recall the wreck part, but what i do recall is the fear of realising that the bike wasn't going to make it around the bend with me on it. I still now out of the blue, sometimes clam up going around a left hand bend and i can feel everything start to go stiff. As said before you must take control of the fear and relax otherwise you might not be as lucky next time. God bless bro:beerchug:

If you have a wreck, the only good thing that can come from it is the experience you gain and hopefully a more sensible attitude.

Speaking of attitude, there are not many folks who get thrown from a horse who decide that they really need to get on an even bigger horse. In your case, the biggest horse out there. I've been riding for over 30 years now and the Busa is one horse that seriously demands respect (as in Holy 5h1t!).

This bit of advice comes from the masthead of American Horizons, the internal publication of American Airlines (circa 1935):
"Aviation is not unsafe, but, like the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness or neglect.â€￾ That applies to motorcycles as well. As we pilots say, be careful, or the ground will rise up to smite thee.

And finally...

Don't look at the obstacle - look for the path through. Look past the pothole, the curve, the off-camber turn, or whatever and focus on where you actually want to go. If you focus on the obstacle, you will head right for it. Look to where you want to go. That's actually a pretty good lesson for your life, too.

Ride safe.

EXCELLENT POST! :thumbsup:

The only real fear I have ever have ever had in life was a couple of years ago I got rear ended and I was hurt. My foot was stuck in the clutch shifter and my whole body went right and the bike went left. My leg twisted some and than I felt a POP noise and than finally my foot was loose and went down to the ground with a lady in a mini van on her cell phone pushing me forward. Not a good thing to go through. Oh, by the way the pop noise was my ACL tore from my knee. I thought the pain was because my leg was broke. After surgery the next week was over 2 weeks later I bought a brand new hayabusa. For the past 2 weeks before I got the bike, I was debating to give up riding permanently. I kept having night mares about getting hit by that dumb woman and that cell phone in her hand every night. Sometimes 2x a night I would dream this. Wake up at night all sweat and for those people that knows the "smell" of fear, there is different types of sweat people do. This was straight sweat of fear and you can smell it. After I decided that I am going to ride again and bought my busa with my knee still sore and not healed, I drove my bike to the exact same spot where I got hit from behind. That experience was scary. After I did that my nightmares ceased and I could go back to the way I was before the accident.

I highsided about 2 yrs ago,went into a turn and hit some gravel,went off the road,hit a rut and I went flying,jumped up and reached for all my limbs "yeah,everything is in tact" felt my head,helmet was still there although with a nice crack in it.lifted the bike,she was rideable,jumped on and road home (25mi).I was just happy to be alive,never really gave it a 2nd thought,i blamed it on road conditions.I dont think i could be anymore aware,Im always on the lookout,it just happened. some things we cant control no matter what.I onestly have never thought about it,Im more worried about getting t-boned???

my friend went off the road at night last year, took the police 45 minutes to find him in the tall grass with him holding his cell phone up in the air with a broken arm and clavicle so they could see the light from it

It took me two weeks after my wreck due to loss of clutch lever. It took me a while before I was comfortable getting back on it. Of course, I wrecked my Busa. You are going from a 600 to a 1300. Take your time before you go breaking laws. Get used to her.

Treat her like a girl you really like and not a one night stand.:laugh:

It took me two weeks after my wreck due to loss of clutch lever. It took me a while before I was comfortable getting back on it. Of course, I wrecked my Busa. You are going from a 600 to a 1300. Take your time before you go breaking laws. Get used to her.

Treat her like a girl you really like and not a one night stand.:laugh:

Yeah, put something exciting between your legs...ride a Hayabusa!:thumbsup:

It happened so fast, It was like a dream, but I stand up, somebody helped me with 06 busa
leaking oil, broken stator cover and rear set. A very painfull feeling in my left thigh so I pull my pants down but nothing broke called a flat bed to take me home in one piece...
but like Mc Arthur Iam coming back when I fix 06

IMG_0289.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

Last July I destroyed my 600 Katana by losing a curve at night. I just bought a Hayabusa and it's power is awesome...but I am getting jitters. I respect the power...maybe I'm afraid of the power?

Am I playing this right? I'm thinking I learned a good lesson about speed and night riding, but at the same time it's like some post traumatic stress.

I went through a bad one also and just got back on about 2 weeks ago. Ain't nothing wrong with that feeling helps you not repeat the same mistakes. Just ease your way back into a groove an remember the past at the same time . After that feeling goes away you will be a better and smarter rider for it. That s just my opinion from past experience. This wasn't my first wreck:laugh: Every time the front comes up now when I rip into it in 1st an 2nd I ease of the throttle just a bit before getting back on it

Last edited:
Last July I destroyed my 600 Katana by losing a curve at night. I just bought a Hayabusa and it's power is awesome...but I am getting jitters. I respect the power...maybe I'm afraid of the power?

Am I playing this right? I'm thinking I learned a good lesson about speed and night riding, but at the same time it's like some post traumatic stress.

I had flashbacks in a tight corner for years after my crash.
Hope you get over it sooner???

"Aviation is not unsafe, but, like the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness or neglect.â€￾ That applies to motorcycles as well. As we pilots say, be careful, or the ground will rise up to smite thee.

And finally...

Ride safe.

Well said:bowdown:

The only real fear I have ever have ever had in life was a couple of years ago I got rear ended and I was hurt. My foot was stuck in the clutch shifter and my whole body went right and the bike went left. My leg twisted some and than I felt a POP noise and than finally my foot was loose and went down to the ground with a lady in a mini van on her cell phone pushing me forward. Not a good thing to go through. Oh, by the way the pop noise was my ACL tore from my knee. I thought the pain was because my leg was broke. After surgery the next week was over 2 weeks later I bought a brand new hayabusa. For the past 2 weeks before I got the bike, I was debating to give up riding permanently. I kept having night mares about getting hit by that dumb woman and that cell phone in her hand every night. Sometimes 2x a night I would dream this. Wake up at night all sweat and for those people that knows the "smell" of fear, there is different types of sweat people do. This was straight sweat of fear and you can smell it. After I decided that I am going to ride again and bought my busa with my knee still sore and not healed, I drove my bike to the exact same spot where I got hit from behind. That experience was scary. After I did that my nightmares ceased and I could go back to the way I was before the accident.

I respect a man that is honest and that can work through his fears???
Keep well.

Back