What's the fastest you've taken it? Where?

you've got to see it to believe it.

i'm not sure anybody's description will do it justice.

I've been to 340+ kph...canadian Speedo. Thats roughly 204 MPH . Then factor in a possible 7% speedo error...etc etc.   Did that on a country backroad.

You've asked a question we've heard a few dozen times before, so dont be offened if there aren't that many responses.

have a good 1...RSD.
I think speedo error is a little more than 7%, especially on the Hayabusa which is NOTORIOUS for having extremely optimisitic speedo's.

I believe there was a test conducted a while back in 99-00 and at an indicated 220mph the bike was only doing an actual 194mph.

Garmin makes a little  yellow GPS called the Etrex, only $99USD and it works great. If you're at all interested in seeing how fast you're REALLY going (weither it be at 90mph or 190mph)... that's what you'll need.

btw... I don't ride a Busa... but I've been 203mph on GPS with my ZX12R.
Didn't take him long did it?

Hey Panzie12 do you know flatfootrunnin?
laugh.gif

204 GPS indicated in approx. 1.3 miles, Let's just say on a road leaving Atlantic City on a early Sunday morning. Otherwise numerous times in the 190's.

I ride the speed limit. I had my scoot to 71 once, scarred me to death. But I did make it from Brazleton Ga to Milton Fl in 3:20 with three stops along the way.....
Hit the limiter once....don't need to do it again. Lots of bad thoughts after - not during. It was way to easy to just keep twisting....

I've pushed it to 307KPH on the GPS, the speedo had its needle pushing on its stop for a while (thats before i calibrated it with a Speedohealer!) on a very straight and quiet road near the US border in Lacolle, in Canada (Quebec).

I've been only able to push it like that twice, and very short times... The roads are not very appropriated in my area

Last Wed. night , leaving work passed an accident on other side of highway ....2 local cops and 1 highway patrol ...happened to be doing 55 ina 40 and makin' alotta noise doing it . A mile later and I see 2 sets of blue lights in the mirror , coming from behind pretty fast . So I figure the entrance to the interstate is about half a mile away and I already got about 150 yard head start on 'em .
Hit the interstate , clear roads and no incoming ramps for the next couple of miles ......speedo was showing 170 and had plenty left to go . Held it at 170 for several minutes ......never saw them boys again .

Haven't rode my Busa for a couple of days either ......:D

I have never understood that mentality.  Not that I am trying to say anything about you or your post.  My friends and I go out running the bikes and our unwritten rule so to speak has always been that if we have the bikes opened up and we see the colored lights that we shall split up and it is everyone for themseleves.  I would just pull over and deal with the consequenses.  My buddy has the mentality that he is going to "run for it".  To me, not only is he opening up the chance to get into serious trouble but also the chance to involve innocent people in an accident, not to mention the police in an accident while they are in pursuit of him.  I have also heard of younger kids making it a game where they go out and try to find police officers so they can get into a chase and try to outrun them with their bikes.  Probably one of the reasons sport bikes have such a bad rap...

Never done it before ......and don't really know why I did , to tell you the truth .
sad.gif

Well my bike is still restricted and I will be honest once it hits 160ish or so I get a little nervous but I have only went higher then that 2 times when I pegged my restrictor. Once I was on I-75 and the other time was on I-275 just sout of the lawrenceburg area. Nice long straight section with no traffic. Thats enough for me. I felt it a couple times so I can say I did but honestly I would prefer doing that on track. (too bad I never have access to one)

Tried to run once in my Trans Am when I was younger. Cop passing on back road while I was doing 20 over. Figured I could make it to the next side road and not be found. Gunned it, hit the next side road, got her up to 120 on a little 2 lane road.
Slowed down to the posted speed limit just in case and within seconds the lights were behind me. Pulled over, took the ticket and swore to myself I would never try to run again.
Didn't think I would be caught, but running a loud exhaust probably screwed me.

Not to mention some states use planes and helicopters in chases and no vehicle can outrun them.

Yep , U got me beat with that one , that's alot more horsepower !
laugh.gif

My question for you guys is pretty much just what the title asks. How fast have you pushed your Busa, and where did you do it? Also, to one who's max is a good 80-90 mph under Busa top speed, what's it like?
ive take my busa.. and before that my 1984 honda interceptor well over 150mph...

i biggest thing i felt different was over 120mph.. the wind really start to pick quickly..

for example.. when you are going around 70 or 80 mph.. its nice.. but you dont feel like you are going very fast.. (on the highway).. other cars are going about the same speed..

and on other thing.. i am not recommending you go over the speeed limit.. (to clarify)...

however.. as you start to go around 100mph... and you pass cars as pretty quickly.. the andreline starts kicking in... to me..it was kind of boring on the highway just cruising.. so i started going faster and faster.. and part of the rush.. is the quick accleartion.. which might not be felt with smaller bikes..

but once you get around 140 or soo... it feels like everyone is standing still.. and if you go up to 170 or so.. it feels like you might die.. its gets really scary sometimes.. just be careful..

i also get this rush on the backroads.. you can go 30 mph around a sharp curve and feel the rush..

so regarding a slower bike.. it will still feel nice around 110 mph or so.. but the wind wont beat you up until you really get over 140 mph...

be safe..

Back