What's the fastest you've taken it? Where?

when i had my 05 i had it up to 135ish, but that was only in 3rd gear.  i started running out of road and didn't want to take the chance of coming up on a corner too quick to i shut it down.  it was pretty amazing how quick it got to that speed.  my 06 only has about 80 miles on it now, so the fastest i have had it up to is about 75 on the highway.

<!--EDIT|Mikey1977
Reason for Edit: "spelling"|1139197460 -->

i had it on the upper end felt like it had a tad more but not much glad i had the gps with me or it just wouldn't have been believable :wizard:

tripcomputer.jpg

Well shucks, at my age I should know better, but.....just so happens yesterday was cold but crystal clear so I headed out to my favorite stretch of semi-deserted frontage road before the Super Bowl started and opened her up to a speedo-indicated 170MPH. I never hold it there long, maybe 10 seconds or so before backing off to a sane speed. I have never been faster in or on any other vehicle and the only reason I take my busa to these insane velocities is because when you're tucked down there beneath the screen, it's sooo stable and safe feeling!......darn it, there should be a law against these things, BUT I'm sure glad there ain't!
smile.gif

i had it on the upper end felt like it had a tad more but not much glad i had the gps with me or it just wouldn't have been believable  :wizard:
1621mph??? You an Astronaut? LOL

Standing around at the 7-11 in Daytona one year. You know the type guy, no bike but he loves them, and is filming all the sport bikes. My friend is looking at a trick 1K and the 'bike lover' says "Wow that thing is coool, how fast does it go?"
My buddy says, without any emotion "about 1000" now this kid yells acroos the parking lot to his friend "HEY BILLY!!! this guys bike will go 1000mph" Was some funny shid to say the least.

Back