What's the fastest you've taken it? Where?

kdawg31337

Registered
My question for you guys is pretty much just what the title asks. How fast have you pushed your Busa, and where did you do it? Also, to one who's max is a good 80-90 mph under Busa top speed, what's it like?

you've got to see it to believe it.

i'm not sure anybody's description will do it justice.

I've been to 340+ kph...canadian Speedo. Thats roughly 204 MPH . Then factor in a possible 7% speedo error...etc etc. Did that on a country backroad.

You've asked a question we've heard a few dozen times before, so dont be offened if there aren't that many responses.

have a good 1...RSD.

168 on the gps... kingdom come park highway in Ky (weird name I know.. but I'm pretty sure thats it)

was with 2 other members (they don't post anymore) whom I won't incriminate by name... but at any rate.. there was a really silver blur, a blue blur, and a gray blur all moving along at a good clip.

Back country road, nothing but wheat fields and a straight line, took her up to the cut off, speedo read 186, but I heard it really should be 183 or 4. Wind on the helmet is intense at that speed, but on the body it was very smooth, the busa does a great job at protecting your body from the wind.

From,
Hell and Back you freak !!!!!!!!!!!!!

<!--EDIT|TIMMYDUCK
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139037237 -->

I've been to 340+ kph...canadian Speedo. Thats roughly 204 MPH . Then factor in a possible 7% speedo error...etc etc.   Did that on a country backroad.

You've asked a question we've heard a few dozen times before, so dont be offened if there aren't that many responses.

have a good 1...RSD.
I think speedo error is a little more than 7%, especially on the Hayabusa which is NOTORIOUS for having extremely optimisitic speedo's.

I believe there was a test conducted a while back in 99-00 and at an indicated 220mph the bike was only doing an actual 194mph.

Garmin makes a little  yellow GPS called the Etrex, only $99USD and it works great. If you're at all interested in seeing how fast you're REALLY going (weither it be at 90mph or 190mph)... that's what you'll need.

btw... I don't ride a Busa... but I've been 203mph on GPS with my ZX12R.

<!--EDIT|Phantom12
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139063420 -->

181 on my stock R1....Hey you didnt ask what bike.
Where...On a closed course under extreme supervision of course...LOL

Dave

<!--EDIT|FerstlerSlim
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139063460 -->

170 on US-63. Was long and straight and no one around. The bad thing was that the road wasn't as smooth as we all would have liked I wasn't comfortable with how rough the road was. Bike did handle it well though. Just could have been ugly.

I've been to 340+ kph...canadian Speedo. Thats roughly 204 MPH . Then factor in a possible 7% speedo error...etc etc.   Did that on a country backroad.

have a good 1...RSD.
I think speedo error is a little more than 7%, especially on the Hayabusa which is NOTORIOUS for having extremely optimisitic speedo's.

I believe there was a test conducted a while back in 99-00 and at an indicated 220mph the bike was only doing an actual 194mph.

Garmin makes a little  yellow GPS called the Etrex, only $99USD and it works great. If you're at all interested in seeing how fast you're REALLY going (weither it be at 90mph or 190mph)... that's what you'll need.

the topic at hand was "How fast have you pushed your <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>BUSA</span>" ?

I thought you would have bored of us by now.

any chance you could just leave?

Trouble seems to follow you and your crew and I wont tollerate you irritating the members here. Fair enuff warning?
The smack shack is gone so don't even consider bringing any of that type of krud to this side of the fence.

I'll delete yer smack talk in a heart beat,then yer whole post,then ban you butt.

Fair warning ok..... RSD.

have a good 1...RSD.

does the etrex gps have the top speed recall or do you have to look down at 200 plus++++++ ?

I also don't know my exact speed.  I was going damn fast out in the borrego area of the desert here in california.  I glanced down and I saw 190 I think.  It was effortless until around 150, then you have to get comfortable behind the screen by squatting down out of the wind.  You asked how it feels---IT FEELS FAST no doubt about it!  
Hey RSD.  I don't think phantom was out of line this time.  Just my opinion though.

170 indicated....up in the hills on a long straight and no traffic what so ever...what a rush
wow.gif

have a good 1...RSD.

the topic at hand was  "How fast have you pushed your <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>BUSA</span>" ?

I thought you would have bored of us by now.

any chance you could just leave?

Trouble seems to follow you and your crew and I wont tollerate you irritating the members here. Fair enuff warning?
The smack shack is gone so don't even consider bringing any of that type of  krud to this side of the fence.

I'll delete yer smack talk in a heart beat,then yer whole post,then ban you butt.

Fair warning ok.....  RSD.
ROFL!!
xblueman.gif

Hey RSD.  I don't think phantom was out of line this time.  Just my opinion though.
He wasn't. just a friendly warning..."Rubbah Style".

We are getting complaints daily. These complaints are well founded. Myself,I just can't and won't sit here and watch the silly crap fly. It bores most of the good folk.It's just not worth wading thru. Topics start out great, then "go south" with some sort of idiocy. Those days are gone.

Its not a big deal really. Nobody needs to go "Postal"...[sorry Postal], but the stupidity is over.

The place rocks, right? One or two "less than valuable" members just won't spoil the show anymore.

Check out all the great things the Org is accomplishing these days. We look out pretty good for one another. Check out Random, we've got class people here, lookin' out for other class people. Nasty krap just won't be tolerated.

party on people

super.gif
rubbah.

You da man Rubb keep up the good work,

Now to answer the original post i have hit the speed limiter 2 times and that is enough for me. 186 GPS verified and that is as fast as she would go. On a real smooth road and no wind you can actually feel the timing being pulled out of the engine when it hits 10,200 RPMs this is the point where the speed limiter kicks in. give or take a few rpms I can't remember for sure.

The scariest part of this is the bike feels perfectly stable at that speed and could do those speed for ever, my problem is hold my big fat A$$ under the wind screen, it gets a little tiring after a while.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back