whats the fastest non streamlined motorcycle record?

Lee's Performance right. I saw some stuff with liter bikes, does he run a Busa as well ?

The bike they are speaking of....

DSC_0494.jpg

DSC_1816.jpg

INFO: One Fast 'Busa - Motorcycle.com ;)

Last edited:
The first pic is my son with Yancy and Lee back in 2006.

The second pic is Lee on Yancy's Bud Busa.

~hpa0016.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

A new world record was set at Loring Timing Association (Loring, ME) on 8/3/09 - 265.181 mph, by a non-stream lined Busa - beating the previous world record run in England (264.xxx).

Facts..

A new world record was set at Loring Timing Association (Loring, ME) on 8/3/09 - 265.181 mph, by a non-stream lined Busa - beating the previous world record run in England (264.xxx).

Ummmm no, the fastest pass ever in competition was in England at 265.4

The fastest pass in competition in the states is Shane Stubbs on Scott Guthries bike.:bowdown:

Afterwards on a Monday after the meet was over they stayed and then went on to record several great passes with one being timed at 265.118 mph. :thumbsup:

World records are based on an average speed over two ways and are FIM sanctioned and it is a pain in the butt to jump through the hoops however that is a WORLD record.

Now MR. Stubbs did set the fastest ever record in the "world" with his run at 260+ during the event itself as his event timed run was faster than the 260 record Lee Shierts set on Rich Yancys Bud bike (Turbo Hayabusa) on a much shorter distance (1 mile rather than 1.5 miles) however Lee is about the best overall rider, tuner and builder.

I would be great to see these bikes come to Bonneville and run against Jason McVicar who has the fastest two way average with a stellar time of 253.297 and this was his average time over 5,280 feet after running both directions, not just a quick run up to 260 and then timed for 132' of distance

Jason would be in the timed mile section for nearly 15 seconds at that speed just in the timed section, at 260 mph on pavment with the timing only 128' you would be in the timing lights and out before you could blink.

Two totally different venues/surfaces one is perfectly flat runway with traction and lots of Oxygen VS Salt that is almost always moist and bumpy and corrected air density of up to 8,400') that the speeds cannot even be compared.

Big thumbs up to all of the riders that have run those great speeds on sit on bikes :bowdown:

Lee, Jason, Scott, Wayne, Frank, Jack, Richard Assen, Steve Knecum, Shane, Jon Minonno, Bill Warner, Charlie.. :thumbsup:

Everyone of these riders have run speeds timed greater than 250mph on a Turbo Hayabusa except one, Jon Minonno ran with a twin engine Triumph based motorcycle and was the first rider to record a speed greater than 250mph.

At one time Jon held the title to fastest record holding open bike in the world with the Triumph at over 238mph, this again was a two-way average on the salt and was done in 2001 at Bonneville.

Just the facts.

J

Re: Facts..

Ummmm no, the fastest pass ever in competition was in England at 265.4

The fastest pass in competition in the states is Shane Stubbs on Scott Guthries bike.:bowdown:

Afterwards on a Monday after the meet was over they stayed and then went on to record several great passes with one being timed at 265.118 mph. :thumbsup:

World records are based on an average speed over two ways and are FIM sanctioned and it is a pain in the butt to jump through the hoops however that is a WORLD record.

Now MR. Stubbs did set the fastest ever record in the "world" with his run at 260+ during the event itself as his event timed run was faster than the 260 record Lee Shierts set on Rich Yancys Bud bike (Turbo Hayabusa) on a much shorter distance (1 mile rather than 1.5 miles) however Lee is about the best overall rider, tuner and builder.

I would be great to see these bikes come to Bonneville and run against Jason McVicar who has the fastest two way average with a stellar time of 253.297 and this was his average time over 5,280 feet after running both directions, not just a quick run up to 260 and then timed for 132' of distance

Jason would be in the timed mile section for nearly 15 seconds at that speed just in the timed section, at 260 mph on pavment with the timing only 128' you would be in the timing lights and out before you could blink.

Two totally different venues/surfaces one is perfectly flat runway with traction and lots of Oxygen VS Salt that is almost always moist and bumpy and corrected air density of up to 8,400') that the speeds cannot even be compared.

Big thumbs up to all of the riders that have run those great speeds on sit on bikes :bowdown:

Lee, Jason, Scott, Wayne, Frank, Jack, Richard Assen, Steve Knecum, Shane, Jon Minonno, Bill Warner, Charlie.. :thumbsup:

Everyone of these riders have run speeds timed greater than 250mph on a Turbo Hayabusa except one, Jon Minonno ran with a twin engine Triumph based motorcycle and was the first rider to record a speed greater than 250mph.

At one time Jon held the title to fastest record holding open bike in the world with the Triumph at over 238mph, this again was a two-way average on the salt and was done in 2001 at Bonneville.

Just the facts.

J

Thanks John I'm honored to be bached in with that group! :please:

Back