whats the difference btw

psycobusa

Registered
i was looking on ebay for a power commander for my 06 engine. i came across 2 with differents packages but they are the same part number. just wondering what if any is the difference... i noticed that the red packaged one is out of Canada and it says "For Racing Vehicle Use Only"

first pic

pic1.jpg

same part number=same part

pic 1 may be new packaging, "For Racing Vehicle Use Only" is to get your attention

(mymaster @ Aug. 06 2007,21:00) same part number=same part

pic 1 may be new packaging, "For Racing Vehicle Use Only" is to get your attention
No i think the racing use label is because dynojet is also coming out with a GREEN pc3.Basically its a environment friendlier (california) version of the same thing.You DONT want that one lol

seems they would be the same thing...i just put one like pic 2 on Lucy and it is working great
beerchug.gif

how is the rebuild coming along?

Pic 2 with the black packaging will make the bike faster ... just like Suzuki's black color scheme makes the Hayabusa faster.
all_coholic.gif

(umairhashmi @ Aug. 06 2007,21:21)

No i think the racing use label is because dynojet is also coming out with a GREEN pc3.Basically its a environment friendlier (california) version of the same thing.You DONT want that one lol
The green one is available. Its "green" because it runs neutral below an rpm threshold. I heard 5000 RPM because thats where the Smog II test cuts off.

(umairhashmi @ Aug. 06 2007,21:21)

Wouldn't surprise me
SHOCKED.gif
crazy.gif

(semi @ Aug. 06 2007,23:38) seems they would be the same thing...i just put one like pic 2 on Lucy and it is working great
beerchug.gif

how is the rebuild coming along?
got the new 06 engine sitting in the garage waiting to be installed. gotta wait until i get a day off or have a friend come over one night after work to help me get it installed. that engine has to weigh somewhere around 200lbs or so. definitely a 2 man job.

Call the manufacturer directly. It could be simply marketing...or one could be fake - "could" being the operative word here.

Back