Whats the difference between these 2 Power Commanders?

Trash_Panda_44

A Grown Ass Man!
Registered
Trying to find a PCIII for my 05, so I go to eBay. I found 2 different ones that are selling. The plugs on both are not the same. Why is that? The first pic shows the PCIII with off-white connectors that are round and I remember connecting my old PCIIIr but the second pic shows a PCIII with black connectors and they are square. Is there a difference or maybe the the black connectors plug up somewhere other than under the tank? The seller of the first pic says its for a 2005 & the seller of the second pic says that its for a 2002-2007.Thank ahead of time guys.

2005 PC3.jpg

2002 PC3.jpg

first one is for a gen 1. not sure what the 2nd one will fit but it wont fit a gen1. gen2 maybe?

I believe the plugs on the second one are for a Gen II, but not able to look right now

first one is for a gen 1. not sure what the 2nd one will fit but it wont fit a gen1. gen2 maybe?

Thats the problem- I called the seller 15 minutes ago in Virginia & he said he took it off a 2002 busa............... The first one I know came from a Gen I because I had the PCIIIr but it wasn't USB so I sold it

Just got this:

Dear keatontlr,

im sorry i will fit that pix i have the yamaha fz1 power commander for the busa n the busa power commander for the yamaha fz1 im swithching pixz now

- supremecyclezonline

So that answered my question- sorry for the wasted thread. Wanted to make sure from some of the experts out there that this wasn't for the Gen I

uhm...also...if memory serves?..there is no such thing as a 2002-2007 PC...as if i recall correctly?..the 2002 was a bastard ecu year and required it's own "Model Year Specific" PC...again if i recall correctly?..something about the 99-01 busa used a 16bit ecu...the 2002 used a 24bit ecu...03 and up used a 32bit ecu...i'm just repeating something i was told so it could be all BS for all i know but i do know 2002 busa had a model year specific PC.

Back