What's the deal with low-siding on Mulholland

celticBandit

Registered
I was looking at the youtube video of the guy lowsiding in front of the cop and clicked on a couple of more links. Below are 6 videos of guys lowsiding on the same corner on Mulholland driveway. What's the story with this particular corner.

What's the deal with the people who go there to video this. Seems like they know it's a bad corner. Are they there just to catch someone having an off. Seems like they are crash vultures to me.

- Motorcycle Crash - GSXR 750 Lowsides on Mulholland Hwy[/url]
- Motorcycle Crash - Honda F4 F4i Lowsides on Mulholland Hwy[/url]
- Motorcycle Crash - Yamaha R1 Lowsides on Mulholland Hwy[/url]
- Motorcycle Crash - Suzuki SV650 Lowsides on Mulholland Hwy[/url]
- Motorcycle Crash - Yamaha R1 Lowside crash on Mulholland Hwy near Malibu[/url]
- Motorcycle Crash - Yamaha R6 Lowsides into Guardrail on Mulholland Hwy[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's more, all in the same spot:

- Motorcycle Crash - Shifting Error, Rider Hits Guardrail 1/16/10 - Mulholland Hwy, CA[/url]
- R1 Nice Save Slo Mo - Mulholland, Hwy[/url]
- Low Speed Motorcycle Crash on Mulholland Hwy + (not with) a Supercharged 500hp Lotus.flv[/url]
- Motorcycle Crash - Suzuki GSXR Lowsides on Mulholland Hwy[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
The roadway is crap on Mulholland...ask Leno. :laugh:

That R6 rider hit so hard it knocked his shoe off. :laugh: Nice safety gear most those guys are wearing.....

Last edited:
Once that guy started taking photos on those corners people have been crashing more often, because they want a good shot. Or people think they are imortal.

Almost seems like theres something slick in the same spot. Alot of those guys went down rolling into throttle and loosing the rear. One was target fixation (big time lol).

Watch this one (your 1st) closely on youtube and you can see a puff of sand and dust fly up the very second he loses it. Also can see it in road before he goes over it in SECOND 24.
Comes right out and up from rear tire.
Hardly looks like he goin that fast at all but in the video almost all the way thru it they show you slow mo SECONDS 25 AND 26 ARE WHAT YOU WANT TO LOOK AT .

Clearly see the crap he lost it in is on the road..

Looking at the background I am thinking water and runoff come down that hill and wash acroos the road.
When the water dries up the dirt, dust and sand are still there.
Makes for an easy slippery spot.
Or possibly no rain just rockslides and dirt falls create dust piles that blow out into the road.
You can see piles of dirt that have slid down it

We have same problem here in florida at all the intersections.
Places where cars dont normaly travel build up with sand.
If you cut it too close or too wide you'll wash out in it.

Last edited:
Very simple explanation for this one.
GUY IS A TOTAL DIPSTICK AND SHOULD STILL BE ON BICYCLES !.

20 MPH RIGHT INTO THE GUARDRAIL....???
YOU CAN LEAN OVER YOU KNOW...:rofl:

HOW YOU GET 'SHIFTING ERROR' FROM THIS I DONT KNOW.
MORE LIKE DEALER ERROR

HAH SEE I FINALLY FOUND SOMEBODY THAT CAN RIDE THOSE TURNS.
THE GUY IS RIDING ONE OF THOSE 'CANT HANDLE-FAT AZZ BOOSAS'
IMAGINE THAT..???

:bowdown:

Watch this one (your 1st) closely on youtube and you can see a puff of sand and dust fly up the very second he loses it. Also can see it in road before he goes over it in SECOND 24.
Comes right out and up from rear tire.
Hardly looks like he goin that fast at all but in the video almost all the way thru it they show you slow mo SECONDS 25 AND 26 ARE WHAT YOU WANT TO LOOK AT .

Clearly see the crap he lost it in is on the road..

OUCH! He has no idea yet how much skin he's missing off his left forearm :banghead:

:rulez:

almost seems there's something on the rd. or maybe its the vid/cam guy who's sarbotaged the rd to create these vid's/pics?

almost seems there's something on the rd. or maybe its the vid/cam guy who's sarbotaged the rd to create these vid's/pics?

bag of sand in middle of road makes great crash pics and he gets paid is what your saying...???

Does seem like the perfect spot to go watch some Caliboobs ride thru.
Have a sammie and LYAO !

Adam would love to have a spot like that..

"You see that Dad..he crashed....thats gonna hurt"
What he always says about Jeff Gordon...:rofl:

that's horrible if he's actually putting sand on the road. time to roll through slow and clean it off.

that's horrible if he's actually putting sand on the road. time to roll through slow and clean it off.

This conspiracy theory has been discussed before regarding this turn. Depends what you believe...I personally don't find it that far fetched unfortunately :(

Just strange how the camera guys just happens to be there recording so many guys go down.

Back