Whats the biggest dry-shot ?

B-12

Registered
What is possible on a modified Busa.
For stock i read a lot here and as i know a 60 Shot will be the biggest on save side.

I need only an answer for a private discussion , which i have with some buddys.
They think im crazy , and tell me the Busa cant go with it.

Thanks for answers

I've talked with many and they say only 50 safely on a stocker. Would depend how modified as to the largest shot, also would/could depend on progression and length of shot as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Answer is slightly complicated.
If you plan on adding fuel with a power commander on the lower injectors, you are limited to 25 - 30 HP before the lower injectors run out of duty cycle.
If you don't care about streetable drivability you can put a power commander on the upper injectors and spray up to the limits that the motor can take.
If you really like using the power commander and whant killer spray with good drivability, you can put one PC on the lowers and one on the uppers. Its getting expensive.
If you tune with ECU editor or Bazzaz, you can spray up to the limits that the motor can take. I don't know much about the Bazzaz.
As you can see, ECU editor is the cheapest way to add fuel.

Regarding what the motor can safely take with stock valves and springs, I have put about 900 passes on spray with a 40 shot and my leakdown was 2%, 3%, 3%, 9%. Not great, but still pretty good for a season of beatings every weekend. Maybe 50 is OK if the tune is perfect. 40 is certainly fine if you solve the fuel addition problem.

I've talked with many and they say only 50 safely on a stocker. Would depend how modified as to the largest shot, also would/could depend on progression and length of shot as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

:thumbsup:
Thats what i thought and read too for stock , and said to my buddies.

But....i said much more is possible.
What if you use S2000 injectors and also turn fuel pressure up ?

Thanks

Sorry I see you have a GenI. My answer was for GenII.

:thumbsup:
No matter
its a usefull answer too.

I dont want to go so big. Have baught a system from Daniel and will install a 40 shot.

Its only a technical question , what is possible to do.

(modded Busa) I have sprayed as much as a 200 shot. I backed it down to a 150 shot. 200 was too uncontrollable for my wheelbase.

had a buddy that sprayed 100 dry for ever on his with running a fuel enricher box or something of that sort dont remember what exactly the name of it was, bike was stock internals though

There are guys spraying huge amounts of dry on modified motors. Stock motor 40 or 50 seems about the general consensus for safety.

do what I told you put a 30 hp shot in it and see where a/f is at on dyno...the deal with it is not all bikes are the same,all pumps don't work the same,injectors don't flow the same.I seen pumps max out with 30 shot and seen some take a 50 shot,if you throw a 50 in there and your pump gives up at 35,you will need a motor before you ever get to ride it..take my support now or need parts from me later...crawl before you try to walk...

fellas those huge dry shots have alot more to them than you know.bigger injectors or raising pressure is not the only key either,fuel volume is still the same.

Good Night...

@Daniel
il do it like you told me and will also go on the dyno with the 26jet and check my A/F-R.
Dont worry , i love my baby :thumbsup:

The question does not concern my shot , its only for "small-talk". But i didnt want to say things i dont know exactly.
Hope you understand my terms. Im ok in school english , with a big leak in tecnical terms :banghead::bowdown:

wet or dry doesnt matter, its all about what you're fuel system(pump,injectors,ect) can handle and what your rods, bearings,ect can handle. Technically you can use just as big of a dry shot as you can a wet shot as long as you can supply enough fuel through the injectors to compensate. Only difference is that with a wet shot, you're adding fuel with jets and with a dry shot you're adding it with the injectors. Beyond that, theres really no difference in the two.

Back