What's the best way to remove herculiner?

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
When I replaced the floor in my trailer last spring I decided to put down herculiner. It's great when it's dry but very slick when wet so it needs to come out.

What do you plan to pub back Dan? I dont know if that stuff peels up or not. Pretty durable.

I'm sure that will not be an easy task to remove that stuff. Have you thought about painting over it with a textured paint?

What do you plan to pub back Dan? I dont know if that stuff peels up or not. Pretty durable.

I'll probably end up replacing the floor (again) and use grip tape on the wood to line up the bikes with the stands.

Could you just put indoor outdoor carpet over it or maybe a sheet linoleum?

I would think getting that herculiner off would be a beast of a job.

I've never tried textured paint. How sticky is it when wet?

It grips quite well, it is regular paint but you add a special granular similar to sand in it. You can use less or more to your discretion.

IMO I think that painting with a textured paint is going to be your best option. I would be concerned on what that aircraft stripper is going to do to your wood floor underneath. Just my opinion though.

A Rhino Liner shop that I sell tools at has to take them out periodically when they get a come back and they have a real real stiff rotary plastic brush with stiff bristles that they use on an electric buffer or an electric grinder.

i used to spray in line-x bedliners. the best way to remove is with a rubber mallet and chisel.

That's not the easy answer I was hoping for...:banghead:

I read that a heat gun makes it easier, any truth to that?

A Rhino Liner shop that I sell tools at has to take them out periodically when they get a come back and they have a real real stiff rotary plastic brush with stiff bristles that they use on an electric buffer or an electric grinder.

I read that an angle grinder with a wire brush was a good way so this sounds promising.

It grips quite well, it is regular paint but you add a special granular similar to sand in it. You can use less or more to your discretion.

IMO I think that painting with a textured paint is going to be your best option. I would be concerned on what that aircraft stripper is going to do to your wood floor underneath. Just my opinion though.

I read that an angle grinder with a wire brush was a good way so this sounds promising.

I agree just paint it with textured paint. You can vary amounts of grit for more or less grip/abrasion.

The wire wheel/brush I think will just clog up with the residue/liner material and after a few minutes I think you'll be cussin'

We spray in liners in our trucks and when they need fixin they usuall just spray in more. Never seen a spray in liner removed ?

Back