Whats the best game machine

Get a decent PC aimed at gaming. A game console is always "Great" when it comes out. But when the games start demanding more, or the new system is released (that usually don't allow you to play all of your old games) it isn't nearly as impressive. A PC can be upgraded as you like/need, and it can be rock solid with good drivers (and nobody messing with the config). Plus, when he's old enough, he can do homework on it too.

Also, when he decides to play games when he's not supposed to, you can put a password on the PC, and findout what he's doing with the log files.
biggrin.gif

And Spend $2-3K for a top notch Gaming System in the process. Though it would allow homework.

Used Xbox, Mod chip, 250gb hard drive. Great game machine and a streaming media server (movies, pics, music) to boot.

It's all about online gaming....................XBOX or XBOX360 are the way to go with thier "LIVE" service.....imho. Don't look at entry level prices on either machine..........look at top end......add a hundred bucks or so for peripherals.......then start adding big bucks for the games.........that's just the way it is. There are loads of rumors that PS3 won't be able to sell their blueray games for under $70 each.............and lets be honest..........is there really a difference between one company having 300 games to choose from and another company having 600 games to choose from? How many are you actually going to buy, anyway.................20-30 max? Trust me, XBOX has a great selection of games to choose from. PS3 will face the same problems with games that XBOX360 has faced.............it takes time for the game developers to figure out how to use the system to its utmost capabilities. The games that are just now coming out are only scratching the surface of the 360's capabilities..........and it will take the same developers the same amount of time to develope games that will capably use the PS3's hardware.

I still have the original XBOX, and I have 4 gamertags for my family to play games online. This Christmas there will be a 360 under the tree!!!
tounge.gif

Hey Cap, my boys PS2 was acting crazy too so i went into it and cleaned the lens with some camera cleaning supplies that I have (micro cloth q-tip and cleaning soultion). I also lubed the rails and gears, no problems at all in the past few months. I was like you, about to buy a new system but really wanted to wait for the PS3. For his birthday I got him a PSP and he loves it, get a big memory card and he can play games, music and videos.

JJ

Back