Whats the best game machine

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Ok so my son has had his playstation for 4 years and it has been slowly dieing.. Whats the best gaming console out there and have they changed the PS2 from the model he has now? He has a million games, (mastered them all) and would be willing to change to something new if I new it was better... I can sell the games he has now and go with better graphics or something with more variety....

HELP ME !!!

Bday is coming up in a few weeks and I need to put this one to bed...

CAp

i hear the xbox 360 with the hard drive and all the goodies, just cant be beat...i like my psp

Alright grab a seat I am about to geak out.........Sorry

360 is alright I have played almost all the games available. Honestly 80% are not impressive and me and my friends have been able to beat almost all of them in less than 12 hours.

Eder Scrolls oblivion would keep your son invovled for months, and there are a few games comming out soon that hold promise. The problem is that Xbox has never been know to release tons of games. And currently the price for the system with memory and 2 controllers is going to run you 500 dollars. If you are looking to put that kind of money down I would realy recommend that you wait till around Xmass and get the PS3. It will be able to play all your sons old games and PS always releases tons of games (high quality) fast and in bulk. Which means if a game comes out in Jan by feb you can get them in the bargain bin. Don't get me wrong I box and it is a great system. However as of right now there games are not hot. Most of them are scheduled to release around Xmass anyway. I gotta go get some sleep but I could talk in length and detail about this if you need more info. Let me know.

I hate to admit it but FOR ME the best game machine is the PC. I get TONS of free games [demos] that play every type of game I want, usually online worldwide again for free - no monthly subscription fee

It really depends on the games you or he likes as to which is "best". The PS2 rocks cuz it has Suzuki Superbikes and Tourist Trophy. Nintendo has Mario. XBOX has bling, smoke and mirrors

go here, and browse the BEST games for all systems

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp

I have XBox and like it a lot. I think ps2 has it also but if you get xbox live you can have a blast and stay up way to late.
blush.gif
It is really cool playing against people from around the world.
cool.gif

Looks like he might get an MP3 player for his bday and maybe a psp3 for xmas

The sony systems ALWAYS have a MUCH bigger selection of games compared to any other system out there. And the price of the games is usually better also. But beware, you will be in one hell of a bidding war come Christmas; thats why they release them when they do.

<!--EDIT|GSXTacy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149568906 -->

Hmm...

Best overall I believe would be the PS2. Tons of games and has a decent graphics engine. The PS3 is scheduled for release sometime this year, but the system will be expensive, not to mention that the games are as yet untried...

The 360 is a powerful machine, but then again, so was the previous Xbox. The games are alright, but the offering of Xbox games pales in comparison to the PS2 offering. The plus side of the Xbox is that the online play capability is quite nice.

If you're bent on getting him something, the PS2 is a very versatile machine...it can play some games online, play DVDs (the Xbox does this as well) and can play previous PS1 games.

I guess it would depend mostly on which games he likes to play. Hope this helps.
biggrin.gif

i want to see the ps3, all the guys around hee go for the 360, i i believe in sony like i believe in the busa...will always come out on top...........dang that was deep

He has a PS2 now its just slowly fading away, it will only play certain DVD's now. I could get him another ps2 until after xmas and then upgrade I was just curious if the 360 was worth it.

i got the new slim one, and a psp too, both nice and will hold me til the new one...it would pay off to wait and see what sony puts out

Give him the receipt to his preordered ps3. Places like best buy usually have a preordered list for the first production run. It usually completely sells out before it comes out.

Wait for the PS3, definitely.

Or if you never want to use your computer or see your son again you could get him a sub to a MMORPG like "World of Warcraft", AO, etc.

Cap,if a new PS2 will keep him away from the server stack,I'll buy it for him!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

New PS2, $129 just about anywhere and it's much MUCH smaller than the first edition.

the wife and I just bought a new one because our old one was getting long in the tooth and having some issues. After about 15 minutes of discussion we went ahead with the PS2 again figuring that there is NO WAY we will pay more than retail for a game system so the PS3 wont be in our house until mid summer 2007. In the Meantime we are plenty happy with the PS2 and it's HUGE library of games.

I've got the 360. Prior to this I was a PC only type. Then I bought the PS2 and absolutely loved it.

Game selection is a bit more limited than the Sony machine(s).

However. The price is much less than that of the PS3. In addition, the xBox works in conjunction with Media Center PC's (or Windows XP service pack 2) and allows you to play MP3's, watch cable/local TV (if the host PC has a TV tuner card less than $100 in most cases), and can even function as a TiVo unit with said TV tuner card and a little extra room on the hard drive of the PC. It can go wireless, meaning that you can do most of that without running wires to the 360. It's also VERY USB friendly. For example. I purchased a multi-card reader for my phone memory card and my camera memory cards (different types). I plugged that into the 360 and it was able to read the media as if it were a jumpdrive or flash drive... very slick.

I watch TV on my TV via the 360 and use the guide I download from the internet (via Media Center) to find whats on and even set up things to record while I'm gone. The 360 does not have to be on to actually record on the PC.

It's a very versatile machine. I'm extremely happy with it.

I can't speak to the PS3 any more, as I've stopped worrying about it after making the 360 purchase and I'm not up to date.

360 is the machine to own RIGHT NOW and XBOX Live on the 360 is crazy! I'm not in any way a game junkie. But it's nice to jump on XBOX live 360 in high def playing Call of Duty or Ghost Recon on my 61" Dila! It relaxing after a hard day of taking pictures of beautiful women... a man needs an outlet you know!

When the PS2 comes out I will buy that too. Sony makes a quality product and is very competitve when it comes to the gaming console.

PS3 is the way to go... Blueray technology... wifi capapbility... the games look amazing on paper... but it is going to run around 600 for the high end version and everyone is right you should get on the list now. Or wait for the xbox 360 to drop in price when the ps3 comes out and buy that.

I would wait for the PS3. I currently have the PS2 and will upgrade when money permits.:)

Back