What's the best Flip-up (Modular) helmet?

rlachermeier

Registered
Any suggestions on buying a good modular. I wear glasses and would love not to have to take them on and off every time I put my helmet on or take it off.

link might give you a place to start looking at what ya might want there is a list of reviews to the right on this page. I chose the roof boxer and am very happy with it however it hasn't been certified in the US and doubt it will be anytime soon

i have an hjc flip front helmet it is alright and the flip front makes it easy to wear glasses with it

I have KBC and Nolan flip ups in stock right now. The Kbc`s are nice but the nolans have a better fit and finnish if you ask me. Only problem I see is that the nolan is a fat helmet. Its huge at the base if you ask me. Good thing is its really quite and very stable.

Im goin to get a nolan for myself when I can.

As I understand it, Snell doesn't rate modulars, yet.  I could always be wrong.

I wear an m2r modular helmet. It was ~$120

<!--EDIT|TheAtomicAss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133158493 -->

I have a vega like the one in the link it is a decent helmet not great not bad but a decent one.I am looking at a new helmet as well to go with my new ride and saw shoei has a flip up as well. It is a bit pricey though.

I have 2 Nolans.

Outlaw and
Both are very good but not for racing. I use a non-flip for long racing. Flips are great for drag racing while waiting in line.

I HAD an HJC Symax. I actually had occasion to use it and it worked ... Kinda. It protected my melon ( I landed head first ) but it failed to stay shut. When i stood up it was already open. Did not leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling ... I want another flip up but i think it's going to be a Nolan

I have a Harley Davidson Flip up, size large, like new, solid black I'd sell for $50 if anyone wants it!

Do they have a flip up?

I got the cymax HJC. The nose venting is lots better than the Shoei I have (lots better). It's pretty small at the base though. Makes it feel lots lighter.

I've read a few comments about how the mechanism for the flip gets harder after a month or two. I just got mine so I don't know if that's true across the board or not.

Try http://www.motorcyclegearreview.com for some reviews.

Carl

Check out the CABERG. I also wear glasses and the built in sun visor slides down when needed to act at sun shades. Also quieter than my nolan.

Do they have a flip up?

I got the cymax HJC. The nose venting is lots better than the Shoei I have (lots better). It's pretty small at the base though. Makes it feel lots lighter.

I've read a few comments about how the mechanism for the flip gets harder after a month or two. I just got mine so I don't know if that's true across the board or not.

Try http://www.motorcyclegearreview.com for some reviews.

Carl
yup they do Shoei Syncrotec. fine looking lid
cool.gif

DONT BUY A KBC FLIP UP... HAD ONE AND IT IS TERIBLE.
i was about to leave work, picked up the helmet and the front just came up. the 2 small post that hold the front down were gone. only positive i can say is that kbc did replace the helmet for me with a non modular helmet of my choice. good customer service on the part of kbc.

My first was Zeus, an OK helmet, now I have HJC Symax which is a good helmet but I really like that Caberg. I've seen some on Ebay for a decent price.

<!--EDIT|motorkar
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133286678 -->

Back