What's the best bang for the buck Leather track pants???

sportcustoms71

Registered
The wife said for Valentines day she's buy me something for the bike, great wife right :thumbsup: i've searched over the threads, can anyone give me insight on some good, cheap leather track pants with sliders. looking for something around the 200 or lower price range. thanks in advance for the help.

Assuming you already have a jacket, the same brand. That way you can buy the type of pants that will zip to it. You don't want to crash geared up and have your back and stomach ate up with roadrash.

Assuming you already have a jacket, the same brand. That way you can buy the type of pants that will zip to it. You don't want to crash geared up and have your back and stomach ate up with roadrash.

yeah i have a joe rocket jacket and gloves. i usually ride with the kevlar draggin jeans. yes, that would suck. if that happened.

Tracks require they zip together, at least the 8 inch in the back of the pants. You wanted cheap, I ride year round in Frank Thomas and love them. I got an after thanksgiving sale on them for 125. Sliders will be an extra 25 bucks depending on where you get them.

r6.jpg

Last edited:
My suit is a 2 peice Joe Rocket. It's almost 10 years old and is still in great condition, even the velcro on the knees for replacing pucks has held up fine. I've taken care of it and fortunately I've never hit the road. I have zero complaints with them and I'de buy their stuff again.
If you like the jacket chances are you'll like the pants too.

Tracks require they zip together, at least the 8 inch in the back of the pants. You wanted cheap, I ride year round in Frank Thomas and love them. I got an after thanksgiving sale on them for 125. Sliders will be an extra 25 bucks depending on where you get them.

great pic, i probably won't be riding on the track with them. but that does make since now, i always wondered what the zipper in the back of my jacket was for lol here's your sign. i'll have to check them out when i get home, dang government computers won't let me go into the web site...

I bought joe rocket pants. Close out at New Enough. Most pants usually come with the mating half of the zipper so you can have it sewn into any jacket of your choice. I did my own. Mated my Joe pants to an AVG jacket.

A leather shop can do it for you.

Also, check the track rules where you will be going. I see alot of them requiring a 360 zipper not just the 8" one.

I've got a pair of Joe Rocket pants that are almost worm to the point of falling apart in some areas and will need to be replaced soon...but they are sooooo much more comfortable (broken in might be more appropriate) than my one piece AlpineStars~!~

My suit is a 2 peice Joe Rocket. It's almost 10 years old and is still in great condition, even the velcro on the knees for replacing pucks has held up fine. I've taken care of it and fortunately I've never hit the road. I have zero complaints with them and I'de buy their stuff again.
If you like the jacket chances are you'll like the pants too.

+1 I have the Hayabusa 2.0 jacket and plan to get pants very soon... I love the jacket so you saying id like the pants reassure me

Appease the gear nazis like RainbowSeven :bowdown: :laugh:

I have a lightly used (only worn a few times) pair of Alpinestars Leather Track Pants, Black size 34 (Euro 50). PM me if interested, I can take pics. They are the style in the attached pic.

Track Pants.jpg

Last edited:
+1 I have the Hayabusa 2.0 jacket and plan to get pants very soon... I love the jacket so you saying id like the pants reassure me

Appease the gear nazis like RainbowSeven :bowdown: :laugh:

The Joe Rocket Speedmaster 5.0 pants are great, Russ! I have the perforated kind, so I can still wear them through summer. Highly recommended.

Back