What's the best aftermarket seat for the Gen ii Busas?

That's like asking what's the best tire or oil. Every butt is different and each has to find its own best.

I am getting a Rick Mayer over the winter.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Rick Mayer seat.

Suzuki_Hayabusa_2008_Solo_V.jpg

Suzuki_Hayabusa_2008_Solo_V.jpg

lankeeyankee said:
Whats the best flavor ice cream.. Is chocolate better then strawberry or is vanilla the bestest

Chocolate is faster than vanilla:poke:

That's like asking what's the best tire or oil. Every butt is different and each has to find its own best.

+1 million......this reply needs to be made a STICKY. I am 70 inches tall, 180 lbs with a 30-in inseam and have been riding for over 20 years. My butt was perfectly happy with the stock seat but was happier with a Corbin and the Suz gel seat.....which I got to own because the used bikes I got already had em (Corbin on 01 and 08, Suz Gel on current 09).

As mentioned, seat preferences are personal. Unfortunately, it's difficult to test them all. I had a bike a few years ago that I tried 7 different seats on. I would buy a used one, try it for a while, then sell it and buy another. It was time consuming, but I didn't see a better way to come to my own conclusions about "best." I was surprised that several of the expensive seats that people swore by were not all that great... in my opinion.

Good luck in your quest.

Having said all that... I have a Corbin on my Gen 1 and would not trade it.

ball z has the comfortable seat i have ever sat on and it lowers u down in the saddle about 1 1/2 real soft cushion and leather

I had a bike a few years ago that I tried 7 different seats on. I would buy a used one, try it for a while, then sell it and buy another.

Hear, hear. I have 3 so far, and decided to get a 4th yesterday. ???

I have a long-distance seat, a bling-bling seat, and an everyday seat. Plus about to pull the trigger on an Air Hawk + LDComfort shorts combo for the 1000MileDay.com ride.

pashnit said:
Hear, hear. I have 3 so far, and decided to get a 4th yesterday. ???

I have a long-distance seat, a bling-bling seat, and an everyday seat. Plus about to pull the trigger on an Air Hawk + LDComfort shorts combo for the 1000MileDay.com ride.

Sir, have you put any miles in on the ZG seat yet??

I just received a Corbin for mt Gen II. It arrived yesterday and have not been able to try it out. I'll post my results later in the week. The only part of me that causes me to take a riding break is my butt. Other than that I could ride non-stop. I am hoping the Corbin seat helps.

Sir, have you put any miles in on the ZG seat yet??

Bret, the Zero Gravity Latigo seat was a bit of a pleasant surprise. Didn't know what to expect. We were the first dealer in the nation to order one for the Busa.

Here's bone stock:

7499379602_a680e963ec_b.jpg

Here's the Zero Gravity Latigo - first test fitting

7139371825_60810e06f2_b.jpg

7506158708_d814b8ed27_b.jpg

Out on the road traveling. Surprisingly comfortable. One of the other members that bought one from us when they first came out a couple months ago promptly did an Iron Butt ride on one - 1000 mile day. For those that like a nice clean black look, this is perfect. Not quite a corbin, but an excellent every-day seat over the stock.

Can purchase it here:
Buy Now: Zero Gravity Latigo Seat | Pashnit Moto

6993285406_11dd2d5144_b.jpg

6891809968_8f23c38afa_b.jpg

7037905007_466e9ca416_b.jpg

Thanks for all the ones that helped. I know that the seat may be a personal preference but, I cannot be buying them all specially when you only see them online, that 's why I asked for some feedback.

Best regards,

I have Corbin and really happy with it. The longest ride that I've ever done was 21 hours.
65054d1d.jpg

From another angle
ae6e3182.jpg

I've been very happy with my Saddleman Tech gel seat for $200 with a matching cover for the passenger seat. Love my Tobin around town but when the stock wheels and PR3's go on so does the Saddleman. I put over 1500 miles on the suzuki gel seat and it never broke in one bit as far as I could tell-stayed hard as a rock! Yet some people love 'em, go fiqure. Guess it all depends on the individual azz. Here's some shots of it ready for an Iron Butt ride a week ago-earned my BunBurner Gold, 1500 miles in 24 hours.

001.jpg

008.jpg

020.jpg

001.jpg

Maybe we need to start an org seat pool???

Back