whats needed 2 make a 2k1+ 'busa "unrestricted"???

AZIROC

Registered
i have been looking 2 get a 1999-2000 busa, but came into a bit of $ and may have enough for a 2k3 or 2k4 busa. i know the 1999 & 2000 busa's r suppose 2 b "unrestriced" from the factory. how do u make the 2k1+'s unrestricted. also, whats needed 2 change the speedo for the 220 mpg speedo vs the 180?

A TRE is supposed to eliminate the restriction, but who really is gonna go over 180 that much anyway. As far as the speedo, just get some custom gauges. Or, the way I would go about it, look around for a nice 99-2K Busa and go that way. When I was looking into getting my 04 I couldn't find any decent 99-2K's near me or I probably would've bought one.

<!--EDIT|IL_BusaBoy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108749548 -->

You could always order from the factor a replacement speedo for the early busa, not sure if it would be the one your looking to get? Anyone know if they just send out the 02-05 ones?

I got a 2k1 busa and i put a TRE on it,and i know that it tells the computer on the bike that it is in 5th gear and it makes the computer take the timing retard off in the first 3 gears(more power!)and disables the rev-limiter in 6th. but if i get a 220 speedo from an earlier model and plug it in will computer re-calabrate itself to the new speedo?

Get a TRE.... but I have heard people having problems with the TRE!

No personal experience though
smile.gif

I have an 04 Busa and I installed Ivan's smart TRE, smart because it doesn't upset the idle. Although I never verified that the bike can go >186 mph, the TRE did eliminate the 'softer' power curve in the lower gears. It went like a rocket as soon as throttle was applied. It took some getting used to, especially making turns from traffic lights and stop signs. I say 'went' because I just had the Brock street megaphone system with PCIIIR installed. I've ridden it once and I've noticed that the bike is tamer from a dead stop than it used to be, even though the TRE is still installed.

I've also ordered 220 mph Illumiglo gauges to replace the stock 185 MPH ones. I also bought a Yellow Box speedometer recalibrator which is necessary to adjust the needle for the 220 MPH speedo. There is also a competitive product called the SpeedoHealer that gets good reviews here.

I have an 04 Busa and I installed Ivan's smart TRE, smart because it doesn't upset the idle. Although I never verified that the bike can go >186 mph, the TRE did eliminate the 'softer' power curve in the lower gears. It went like a rocket as soon as throttle was applied. It took some getting used to, especially making turns from traffic lights and stop signs. I say 'went' because I just had the Brock street megaphone system with PCIIIR installed. I've ridden it once and I've noticed that the bike is tamer from a dead stop than it used to be, even though the TRE is still installed.

I've also ordered 220 mph Illumiglo gauges to replace the stock 185 MPH ones. I also bought a Yellow Box speedometer recalibrator which is necessary to adjust the needle for the 220 MPH speedo. There is also a competitive product called the SpeedoHealer that gets good reviews here.
custom mapped? and is the TRE off now?

While on the TRE topic I figured I'd ask a really dumb question
newbie.gif
. Can anyone give me detailed install procedures for the TRE. ie: removing seat or blah blah blah. Pictures would work, too. Again sorry for the dumb question
bowdown.gif

Back