whats in your tank

chevellesteve

Registered
I was wondering if any 1 else has a salt water aquarium . i have a 150 gallon tank with a 40 gallon sump with lots of goodys
undertail037-1.jpg
undertail047-1.jpg

I have a 20 Gallon Goldfish setup. Don't ask me why. It's like a redneck driving a BMW.

I used to have a nice 150 gallon setup in my old house...funny story about that though:

Evidently while my wife and I were gone, one of the heaters blew up. It shot out of the tank, landed behind the tank, and proceeded to set the carpet on fire. This, in turn, set the wall on fire as well as the aquarium stand. Once the stand got burning, it melted through the lines for my wet dry system and all the water back siphoned out of my tank, putting out the fire.

This is what the fire inspector thinks happened, anyway. How lucky were WE?

I used to have a nice 150 gallon setup in my old house...funny story about that though:

Evidently while my wife and I were gone, one of the heaters blew up. It shot out of the tank, landed behind the tank, and proceeded to set the carpet on fire. This, in turn, set the wall on fire as well as the aquarium stand. Once the stand got burning, it melted through the lines for my wet dry system and all the water back siphoned out of my tank, putting out the fire.

This is what the fire inspector thinks happened, anyway. How lucky were WE?
and now you have a new house...:thumbsup:

It's not setup as salt now - went with freshwater this time...

110 gal...

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0633.JPG

tank still looks plenty fresh :)

I have 2 tanks.. A fully home built 80 gallon column Anemone tank with 30G sump and a single 400W/MH (flows about 2500gph) and a standard 75 reef tank (going away)...

DSC_0188.JPG

Rule of thumb, The bigger they are the easier they are too keep clean.

Had a 30 then 50 then 75 then 120 then 150 and finally just moved to the lake.

Yep, Have 2 tanks,150gal salt, and 100gal fresh water,and love both of them,also have a lot of cool exotic fish. Have a fresh water fish (clownknife) real cool, 20inches long,and about 3years old, and loves to eat gold fish,50 a week.. Your tank looks great. How do you keep your tank so clean? Mine is a pain in the @ss to keep clean..

that was the first week i set it up here are some new pics. my favorite fish is my 3 1/2' Hawaiian zebra eel. i also have a 12 gallon nano cube and a 10 gallon QT tank
06_02_2009424.jpg
06_02_2009432.jpg
stich06_02_2009.jpg

You guys have some really great setups! Wish I could have something like that where I live. Have to wait till I get a place of my own.

I have a 55 reef tank w/lots of soft suff Mushrooms etc. And a 135 with Africans Frontosas, Neon yellows and Maleri. Ya need pics?

This thread is making me miss my 75 gallon saltwater tank with 20 gallon sump.

I've been thinking about doing it again but I need to find a more permanent residence before buying another one. They are a pain in the butt to move.

I have had SW tanks for 25+ years this was my master piece 1320 Gallons, 39" Blackti reef shark, 22" Nurse Shark, 6' Green Moray Eel, & to my surprise I purchase about 300 Mixed damsels to have some schooling going on. Notice by the tail of the eel that is a 5" King Angel that was mixed in by mistake. Tank dimensions are 10'x4'x5'

100_3152.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 55 gallon not setup any more, Had a 240 shark tank with 2 leopard sharks an a few corals. I miss my tank like crazy :down:

Back