Whats faster

hank

Registered
In a stop light drag, say to maybe 0-120 mph, what’s faster.

I was reading an article where you can punch out a Harley to 124ci. They said the hp was about 130 and the torque about 140 lbs. Could that bile beat a Busa in a stop light drag?

glare.gif

Just wondering - I've never run across a fast Harley, but heard some can be really fast? Were I live any one over 30 has to have a Harley?
face7.gif

haha, All those guys that spend tons of cash on their harleys will say they are fast fast fast.. The only problem is they've never been on anything fast to even make that judgement.

Most of them "... wouldn't be caught dead on one of those rice burners."

ect.

I dunno exactly what speed/times those top fuel harleys run... That would probably outrun a stock 'busa. in a 1/4 mile.

SPEED COULD BE POSSIBLE. BUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY HAVE TO NEGOTIATE A TURN OR "HEAVEN FORBID" STOP!
AAAssjani.gif

What you have to ask ? You must remember a Harley will only go form one daelership to the next before it breaks down

Back in 1994 I went to the IDBA World Finals in Memphis. I know this is pre-Busa, but bear with me. Ther was in one matchup, an extremely built big-twin evo harley up against some production based, and definately built jap big bore 4cyl. bike - I think it was a gixxer 1100. In the first 1/8mi., the harley owned the jap bike, and I mean OWNED. Blew his fairing off - so to speak. Then almost instantly, the jap bike passed the harley as if it was standing still and blew the harley away in the final 1/8mi. In the end, it wasn't even a race, But in the beginning, the harley ruled. So, in answer to your question, yes, I think that a properly built harley with a good rider can take a stock busa in a drag race of 1/8mi. or less. I also think that once a harley hist 100 mph, it hits its own wall of wind resistance and can't do much more.

Gar

idea.gif
What he said!!! I am from York PA, the Harley assembly plant location, so without question, there are tons of Hogs. In fact, I own one too. There is no question that will enough $$$ you could build one that could take a STOCK Busa in the 1/8 and even 1/4, but it would cost as much as 5 Busas and could not even think of the same top speed. Of course, with enough $$$$$$ anything is possible!!!!!

Interesting, I got a buddy who just purchased a new 100-year anniversary model and is getting it built up right now. I'll let you know if the FJR will whoop his ass. I think it will!
lurk.gif

It will depend on just how built he gets it. Pipe, carb and heads won't get it. Gonna have to go down to new cases and build a "race" type drag motor to do it, shaved crank, stroked and bored, major head work, massive carbs, etc. Just gettin Brach heads, etc. ain't enough. Gotta get the Mountain Motor or equivilent. Also, gotta be the lighter model bike with everything stripped off except the minimum for street legal.

Gar

Just wondering - I've never run across a fast Harley, but heard some can be really fast?  Were I live any one over 30 has to have a Harley?
face7.gif
Well I work with an engineer that has a turbo harley that pulls 220hp, i guess that would beat a stock Busa. he also lost to me
biggrin.gif

Like garnett said if you put enough money into one of those raddle traps it could give the busa a hell of a run, but the same amount of money added to the difference in price and the Busa would flat out hand him his a@@ !!
rock.gif

You can get a stock Harley to go 150 mph if you can find a tall enough cliff. I find it funny that Harley has to have its own class or sactioning body in most forms of racing to be competitive.

face7.gif
Duh! Do you Need to ask I'm from WI within 45 mi. of Milwaukee haven't found one that could come close yet including race bikes.

Hmmmmmmm get in a plane go to about 10,000 feet throw the HD out the door first then the busa 30sec later and the HD would for the only time in its life make it to the ground (AKA finish line) first!
cool.gif

By the way the drag race HDs only look like HDs... 99% of the parts are special custom made non HD parts. Thats the only way they would beat a Busa.. When I raced my V Max I ran some real quick HDs but I never lost to one.. And my Busa would eat my V Max for lunch.

DragMax.gif

JUST GUESSING I THINK A HARLEY THAT WAS HOT ENOUGH TO BEAT A BUSA WOULD NOT BE LEGAL OR RIDABLE ON THE STREET ,UN LESS IT WAS SOME KIND OF NITROUS SLEEPER WITH LO-COMP STUFF ON IT.
EVEN THEN THERE IS THE TRACTION THING AND PILOT ERROR TO THINK OF .
HAVE NOT ENCOUNTERED ANY HARLEY TYPES INTERESTED IN ANY KIND OF RACE.

Adding my 2 cents < anyone loan me a penny?>
tounge.gif

I agree with several others here. Only way a couch...
I mean HD beats a Busa is straight down freefall style.
fireskull.gif

fireskull.gif
Raider

fireskull.gif

Back