What's everyone using lift-wise for doing chain and sprocket replacement?

I have Venom brand front and rear stands I picked up from Amazon. Triple tree lift attachment for the front stand too. Inexpensive and quality seems plenty good to me.

finished tank centerstand.JPG

A centertand??? LOL.

cheers
ken

They’re optional on my new Z too and they want nearly $300 for one! What does Suzuki want for one? Luckily I have a lift table and a set of stands and on tour, a Quick Stand for lubing or adjusting the chain when needed.

I'm getting one of these soon, in a few weeks, can't wait!
1548045272300.png

I'm kinda investing in the future with buying this, when (and if) I retire from full time work I will do jobs at home for mechanically illiterate bikers machines that need servicing, bike set up, suspension set up, safety checks and pre-trip checks etc, really just people I know, and their mates too. Just make some pocket cash but really just to help out and be affordable. With no overheads, it is viable to charge peanuts.
I also would like to be able to educate people on maintaining their own bikes, knowing what to look for, understanding suspension set up, brake checks etc etc. Just have a few people around on a Saturday or Sunday for a few hours to show them techniques, tools and equipment use and knowledge, and a Q & A session. There's more and more gals getting into bikes these days that really want to learn this stuff!

I'm getting one of these soon, in a few weeks, can't wait!
View attachment 1592253

I'm kinda investing in the future with buying this, when (and if) I retire from full time work I will do jobs at home for mechanically illiterate bikers machines that need servicing, bike set up, suspension set up, safety checks and pre-trip checks etc, really just people I know, and their mates too. Just make some pocket cash but really just to help out and be affordable. With no overheads, it is viable to charge peanuts.
I also would like to be able to educate people on maintaining their own bikes, knowing what to look for, understanding suspension set up, brake checks etc etc. Just have a few people around on a Saturday or Sunday for a few hours to show them techniques, tools and equipment use and knowledge, and a Q & A session. There's more and more gals getting into bikes these days that really want to learn this stuff!

Nice. The only annoyance with my Harbor Freight table is that it’s too narrow. Placing the Busa on it I could use a side stand ‘shelf’ or I have to pull it over sideways to center it so my stands fit under it.

Nice. The only annoyance with my Harbor Freight table is that it’s too narrow. Placing the Busa on it I could use a side stand ‘shelf’ or I have to pull it over sideways to center it so my stands fit under it.
Really? I use a pitbull stand in the rear with no issue.

Reactions: c10
Wheeltronics that is badged for Snap On.
Hydro unit that is Smoot beyond belief. Has a drop out for rear wheel service on bikes like gold wing / baggers.

View attachment 1592269

View attachment 1592270
I had the pleasure of one of these in my garage for a few months, buddy bought it and didn't have room for it. Loved it, but couldn't justify the 5-6 times higher price tag vs the harbor freight table. Like Snap-on tools (or matco, Mac, etc) vs harbor freight tools, the benefits don't justify the extra cost for my purposes.

So a buddy of mine gave me a HF gift card for Christmas and I couldn't think of anything better to spend it on so I opted for their Front Chock.
The thing seems pretty well built for what it is (hardware notwithstanding). The issue I am having is that it is obviously designed to be bolted down for use, and I intend to do just that (bolt it to my work-stand) but I also want to be able to remove it for use on the floor of my shop and to allow my Pitbull stem stand on my work stand. It just slides all over the concrete in that roll though, even when put on fatigue mats. I have seen a few guys on youtube sticking rubber treaded non-skid on the bottom rails. Anyone done this?

My table was a steel of a buy. $600 delivered. I like the Harbor freight unit and when I get a project bike when we move I'll buy one. The wheel tonics unit I try not to tie up. I use it on a commercial level between my bikes, friends, and the dozen customers I have

Back