Whats a nice used 08 busa worth?

sean06

Registered
I havent seen many gen2's for sale in my area, so I really dont know what they are going for. What have you guys seen? Im talking about nice low milage bikes, thanks:beerchug:

$8000 to $9000 is normal were I live. My friend has a black 08 with under 3k and a full cf R-77 exhaust, he says he's gonna sell it soon and ask $8000.

A member just bought from another .org member an '08 (charcoal/black), 1500 miles with Micron s/o for $7000. Also seen an '08 (blu/blk/gold) for $7K (Philly).

I compared figures for a CA bike vs an out-of-state bike (shipping is around $600, $300 DMV hit, sales tax) and found it best to get one locally.

Last edited:
The member kromdom is referring to is me :beerchug:

I bought the black/silver for 7200 with 3 helmets and 1460 miles on the odometer with the Microns.

However, it had:

LED lights all over it that I removed
Dead Battery
No decals as the owner removed them
Drilled Rear Seat Hump with LED's in it that is kinda hacked up
Painted Signal Lights and Painted Rear Brake Light - Smoked

The guy is a member here I bought it from and a really nice fella, did I get a good deal? Yes I did no doubt, the bike it like brand new in every way.

However, it is going to take me about a grand to get the bike back to factory specs like I like it, so take that into consideration when buying one that has been customized.

Like a dummy, I put a crack in the right fairing and just broke a hinge on the left fairing last night :banghead: So I am in need of a few parts :whistle:

Those things are not bad to get off, but really really read before you do it. Left side pops up from the top and I pulled out and broke the connector.

I will post some pics in a week or two, it is sitting with fairings off and bolts everywhere right now as I repair my mess and get rid of the smoked lights.

Oh yes, I have the Micron's in the Classifieds for sale as I want to change to something a bit louder, shoot me a pm if you want them I am open to offers as well.

3 08's bought here in the last 6 months locally

mine-08, $8600 600 miles, bone stock, showroom condition
friends 08 - $7500 800 miles bone stock, showroom condition
friends 08- $6500 2200 miles, bone stock, needs a little work

just gives you a idea

7-8K depending on what is done to it....I would pay 7K for a stock one....might pay 8K for one if it had a full exhaust, tuned, filter, wheels ect....little stuff. 7500 for a nice one with just an exhaust. thats just based on what i've seen

I havent seen many gen2's for sale in my area, so I really dont know what they are going for. What have you guys seen? Im talking about nice low milage bikes, thanks:beerchug:

Bro don't get it mixed up with the price comparisons. I'm originally from SoCal, and you know and I know that the bikes there are super inflated. If you can get a bike outside Cali and have it registered outside Cali you are better off. A decent 08' with a good price for Cali is around $9,500 I would'nt go pass that. The 49 states are always gonna be cheaper, around here in Jersey I would'nt go pass $ 8,500 for a nice unmolested 08'.
BE AWARE that you can't register a 49 state bike in Cali unless you have 7,500 on the odometer.

Last edited:
In addition to the mileage requirement pointed out by 1340 above, there is also a $300 fee (forgot the actual name) that DMV collects for 49 state bikes.

P.S. Sean, there is an '08 blu/blk/gold that a member is selling for under $8K

Thanks for all of the replies guys, Im not actually looking to buy an 08. But possibly sell mine:beerchug:

Here is a pic of mine with a few tasteful mods:laugh:

112.jpg

Why are you selling Sean...? ???

Its not a for sure thing, I keep going back and forth. I just cant stop spending money on it:banghead: I really want a turbo kit and to do a prostreet tank and tail setup with cut rails:please: But my wife would rather burn the thing:rofl:

Nice well kept bike. I find it hard to sell things like that. I have the 08 black with 16,000 miles on it and it looks better then new condition. I have a few mods and the bike has had every manufacturer service recommended done through the dealer with receipts. I would ask 10 if I were selling but thats me. Burn the wife keep the bike...lol...:laugh:JK dont burn her!

That's a nice setup. I would'nt sell it like that though, you will never get your money back on the mods. Perception is everything, I personally would'nt buy a stretched out bike for the simple fact that most of them have been bouncing off the redline everytime. That alone would shy away potential buyers. I would put it back to stock and sell the parts seperate. Are you getting a different bike?

Its not a for sure thing, I keep going back and forth. I just cant stop spending money on it:banghead: I really want a turbo kit and to do a prostreet tank and tail setup with cut rails:please: But my wife would rather burn the thing:rofl:

Well if you are selling it I'm interested lol. How long is that tail section?

Back