What you guys doing about smoke parking downhill

mike miller

Registered
My gen one busa has rcc/Stedman kit. Oil drain line is routed properly good downward angle but it's a daily ridden bike. Stopping on a downhill slope I get some smoke coming from exhaust due to oil backup. It's a 3an feed line with high pressure oil pump gear, you think a restrictor would help? It's only on downhill at stop signs. Oil level is good. 10/40 Castrol syn oil. Drain line is 8an fitting to pan

Not an answer, just some discussion on this issue, perhaps you have seen it:

This may be your best post ever Bro...
Straight to the point.

Rubb.

My gen one busa has rcc/Stedman kit. Oil drain line is routed properly good downward angle but it's a daily ridden bike. Stopping on a downhill slope I get some smoke coming from exhaust due to oil backup. It's a 3an feed line with high pressure oil pump gear, you think a restrictor would help? It's only on downhill at stop signs. Oil level is good. 10/40 Castrol syn oil. Drain line is 8an fitting to pan
A restrictor will not help. Nor will a check ball on the drain. That will make it worse.

Do you have a stock or a flat oil pan? Post a pic of your return line if you could.

I only get smoke on a real steep hill which I'm trying to avoid anyway but the drain is 5/8" push lock hose pretty good angle. I did find 5/8" check valve but haven't tried it yet

View attachment 1620495
check valves have a "cracking pressure" even as low as .5PSI IS NOT wanted in the return line
I have seen someone make a turbo outlet "catch can" then out the catch can into the return line

You need to buy the RCC mechanical scavenge pump!!! It Installs nicely, and it’s straight forward. You do have to cut a slot/hole in the right hand side of your fairing. Not a big deal take it slow. (Get on RevZilla and order your gaskets ahead of time because the RCC pump does not provide them) The missing link to successfully installing any scavenge pump is to create a oil reservoir/catchcan which is vented to atmosphere. This allows a free dump of the oil out of the turbo with no back pressure, and the scavenge pump will continue to draw the oil out of that catch can and replace it into the engine. I found about 300 mL capacity allows the oil output of the turbo, and the removal rate of the scavenge pump to not have an impact on each other.

Brian
2014 Busa stock engine with RCC stage 1 set at 4psi.

D0CF7A48-73F9-4848-8414-F75110C4DC2C.jpeg

78495B9B-21D2-420F-985E-E04D55D94C47.jpeg

9005207E-90B8-4F62-8D8F-CA0835DD3EC1.jpeg

305EB4C4-F721-4F68-A8C6-5069DE0A49EF.jpeg

Back