what would your life be like with out E-bay

ham4864

Registered
could you live with out flea-bay or would you lose you mind.
Me i cant wait until the day they go bankrupt.:cheerleader::bowdown::thumbsup::please::lol:

who?...honestly i have bought a couple things over the years...truely not a neccessity

Been at least 5yrs since i have purchased from there.
I liked it, but just have had no reason to go back lately.
But I do lurk sometimes!
Bubba

Never got anything from there, I like to see what I'm getting. You remember that saying we all said when we were kids "SEE WITH YOUR EYES, NOT YOUR HANDS". That was for people like me.LoL

When ebay was individual sellers it was more interesting. Now it's basically a mall with nothing but stores selling things. Same is happening to Craigslist. Sux IMO.

I use them all the time for different things, along with Amazon and other on-line retailers. Meh...times they are a changing and out of over 85 online Ebay purchases...I have had only one bad deal. Took a bit to fix, but got my money back.

I actually bought my first Busa on ebay, no regrets there.

For me ebay was better when it was still primarily an internet auction, now it's turned into just another large retail outlet. For example just a few short years ago you could do an ebay search for "Alpinestars Leather Track Pants" and it listed maybe 5 auctions from folks selling the item for one reason or another. If you do the same search now you get an endless list (183 to be exact currently) of the item new from a retailer (store) for full retail price ($399.95). That's simply NOT an auction, it's a retail list. What jackwad would be ignorant enough to purchase at full retail price on fleabay? or is this what their hoping for? I would think anyone would have enough insight to know that the item can be had for 15% to 20% off that price from many reputable retailers.

I have bought sooooo much stuff on Ebay and saved soooooo much money! I love it. Sure, there are some douchebags on there but there are also a hell of a lot of genuinely good deals.

When ebay was individual sellers it was more interesting. Now it's basically a mall with nothing but stores selling things. Same is happening to Craigslist. Sux IMO.

yeah, I miss the way ebay was a few years back...it has become too commercial and structured now. Still use it daily-last week I bought 3 new shoei shields and a new battery charger for my cordless drill. I also had a couple cars listed..the Viper didn't sell, but the Dodge sold for 10K over the high bid after the auction ended. They're my boss's cars.

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/deno...dmd=1&_ipg=50&_since=15&_sop=12&_rdc=1&_rdc=2

I have been selling and buying on ebay for a bout 4 years now and have no complaints. It all comes down to doing your own research on the items you want to buy or sell, and into the actual people you will be dealing with.

eBay is great. I just built up a road bike from scratch one piece at a time off of eBay purchases and it cost me about one third what it would cost complete off the bicycle showroom floor. For Canadians it opens up a whole new market for items that are much less expensive when purchased south of the border, especially when our dollar is at or near par. In many years of buying I have had maybe two problems with sellers and both were resolved to my satisfaction.:thumbsup:

Without ebay I would either save alot of money ( on things I could live w/o) or spend a bunch more on the stuff i HAVE to have... I think I could live w/o it though. But man do I get mad getting stuff for retail now.

Yeah without ebay I would spend a lot more on the stuff I buy. I'm careful what I buy so I don't get crappy stuff
Posted via Mobile Device

Ebay can be Great

I have sold everything from Pine Cones that fall off my trees, To artificial Snow ( Ground up plastic ) and bought and sold thousands of Die Cast Cars. Bought the Majority of parts for Misty off Ebay. All this in 8 yrs

As of late, I bought a part for my ZX11 But other than thatn I havent been on there in Months.

Virtually everything I have purchased to fix up all my bikes came off eBay. Working with eBay is a skill like anything else. I have my saved searches fine tuned and when the right item shows up at the right price, I'm ready. I have a 280+ purchases on eBay and a buddy was asking me how much I've really saved. Well aside from the sales TAX that you save almost every transaction, I went back and looked at my records, look at some of these purchases for the busa:

Power Commander III USB - $152, retail $300
OEM Gen II mufflers - $1, retail $2150
Forks - $180, retail $2200
Perfect 2006 tank - $210, retail $785
K&N air filter - $28, retail $80
Wave rotors - $184, ? ? ? ?
All Sintered pads - $45, retail $100
Racing levers - $48, retail $190
Adjustable rearsets - $148, ? ? ? ?
Rear footrests + rear calipers - $91, retail $420
Steel rear brake line - $11, retail $50
Clutch Master - $41, retail $164
Headlight - $132, retail $265
Inner fairing plastics - $32, retail $145

On second thoughts, maybe you guys should stay off ebay, less competition for me!

Back