What would you do ?

i cant believe that they are tryn to charge u $1300 more for the le... shop around and find a better deal on the le.  

so that u can get what u want and not feel bad about the money that u spent to get it.

i went thru the same thing ... really wanted a year old black n blue and was about to settle for a 04 blue and silver but at the last minute i found a very nice used blue black at a hell of a deal. i know i am much happier with my bike knowing i got my first color choice and in my case saved about $3000 on top of it...
biggrin.gif

then i was able to do the gear i wanted and the pipe, pciiir etc. good luck with ur decision

<!--EDIT|BLU88
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114640319 -->

GET THE ONE YOU REALLY WANT!!!!!!

I paid a $600 premium on my truck for the color/interior set-up that I wanted...it was the last one in Ca at the time I bought it. My payments were huge, but not a month went by that I wrote a check without a HUGE smile on my face! It's paid for now and I still smile big when I drive it! It will be around for many years to come, so I am really glad I got exactly what I wanted!

You will be making the monthly strokes, so GET EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT! You will never regret the extra few bucks a month, but you WILL get on the 2nd choice bike and thiink "DAMN I hate this color! Why the hell didn't I get what I REALLY wanted!"

<!--EDIT|Nijinsky3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114640801 -->

I really have a mixed opinion on this one. I was in the same boat for a few weeks. I really wanted and LE in January when I first started looking into getting another Busa. ( I had no problem waiting for the LE) But I could not find a deal on one. Every dealer I called would not deal on the LE, but they would on a regular Busa. I was looking at spending about $1500 more for an LE than a regular Busa. There was no way I was going to pay that much more. Like you said, I could have the bike painted any color I wanted for less than $1000. So I was saving up for a down payment to go buy a Silver/Blue, then finnally found a dealer that gave me a good deal on the LE, I am paying $200 more for an LE, but I dont think that is bad (the MSRP is $100 more) So I see it as only paying $100 more.
Having said that, and now having seen the LE in person (although I still dont have mine yet) and I really glad I waited, and deceided on getting the LE. But I still dont think I could justify spanding THAT much more ($1300 or $1500) for the LE.

Don't settle for something less....get what you really want and shop around for the best price.
wink.gif

If you do not get what you really want the first time you will always regret it.

Case in point: I always wanted a Buell 98' S1W but by the time I got around to getting a Buell it was 2001 and they no longer made the S1W. So I settled, I repeat settled, for a new Buell M2. Not nearly the same bike and thus I was never completely satisfied.

Now it came time for getting my Busa and I only wanted the 04' LE. I started looking after I got back from Baghdad in January and couldn't find one any where. I even started thinking like you, just buy a Busa and paint it. Well with the solid support and guidance of this board I stuck it out and finally found my 04 LE in February. I am just glad that I did not settle this time and I have the Busa I really wanted.

Just stick it out and you will see what I mean.

<!--EDIT|Sgt Busa
Reason for Edit: "no writing skills"|1114668094 -->

well, i decided to get the LE. Really didn't get a great deal, but igot the one i wanted. I go and pick it up tommorow. i'll post pics later ! Thanks for all of your time !
biggrin.gif

Some times you have to pay for what you want.

Now you are going to hear this a lot so I will get it started.

POST PICS.

Enjoy the bike man.

Well, i went with the limited and I'm really glad I did. I love the color scheme ! Didn't get much riding time though, the rain put a hault to my joy.
mad.gif

Sorry pic so blurry.

<!--EDIT|C_Henry
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114729941 -->

Newbike_pics_003.jpg

Back