What would you do ?

C_Henry

Registered
Got a situation guys and just would like to know what would you do ? I could buy a 05 blue&grey for about $9800 out the door, or a 05 LE for about $11,100 out the door.
I really had my heart set on the LE, and the blue&grey is my least favorite of all the colors. But, hell for the $$ I'm saving i could paint the blue&grey any color i wanted.
Do i get the one I really wanted, or do I settle for the blue&grey and save some $$$ ? What would you do ?

<!--EDIT|C_Henry
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114592948 -->

Well i really wanted the LE also and i decided that everytime i settle due to impatience or something else i end up regreting it later ...so go with what you originally wanted ..(oh an yes i did get my le last thur s,. and real happy i waited ...

...Buy what you feel like buying!! Its not everyday that you would buy a bike... If I were in your situation, Iwould have gone for the LE
smile.gif

I too would say go for what you really want, but I can't believe that the LE is $1300 more OTD than any other '05. When I was looking at an LE in 03 it was only a couple hundred dollars more than the other colors. I think your dealer is trying to pull something and would check with another dealer.

Shop around a bit. There are quite a few LE's out there.

Ironically, I am looking for a Silver/Blue and keep finding the LE's.

have to say i agree with the other members!! Go with what you orgianaly had your heart set on!! If not in the end you will be saying man i should have been riding one of those!!
biggrin.gif

Well i  really wanted the LE also and i decided that everytime i settle due to impatience or something else i end up regreting it later ...so go with what you originally wanted ..(oh an yes i did get my le last thur s,. and real happy i waited ...
+1, I think you should get what you want from the jump! That way when you go into the garage on that first night you won't be thinking about finding a painter!

Instead you'll be thinking about how awesome she look & your mind will start hearing this "If your ride me, you'll be grinning) like in the field of dreams!

Get what you really want, you will kick yourself in the ass later if you do not.

<!--EDIT|HayaBusa Knight
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114605955 -->

Get the LE, the money you save you more than likely won't get it painted any way.

<!--EDIT|chowan24
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114608257 -->

Personally I do not like this year's LE. What can I say ... One man's trash is another man's treasure!

For the $$$ your saving you can have:

Yoshi 4-2-1 exaust--$670
power commanderPC#--$280
kn filter--$50
and still have $300 left over to pay some of the tax or some other mods or re-paint later.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Tough call....depends on personal valuations and importance of...."Cash VS Color VS Options"...in other words..

Cash: You're saving $1,300 on the Blue/Gray which gives you your choice of...

Option 1: Pocketing the cash for a Dream Trip/Vacation on your new Busa or....

Option 2: Buying new personal gear such as Jacket, Boots, Helmets, Gloves, or...

Option 3: Blowing it on Performance/Ergo upgrades such as Full Exhaust & PC/USB...and/or../Gel Seat, Genmar Risers, SS Braided Brake Lines, Touring Windscreen, Rearsets...or....

You can pay out the @$$ for the color you want...which...if it means that much to you that you're gonna regret it everytime you look at your Busa???....then go ahead and blow the extra bucks or your gonna kick yourself everytime you look at it....and you'll kick yourself twice everytime you see somebody else rolling by on the color you wanted in the first place.

I myself have always had a penchant for black but I compromised that by finding a steal of a deal on an '03 Silver/Graphite that was tucked away in a shriff deputys garage with a mere 1,600 on the odo but....the Silver/Graphite woulda been a solid and very close 2nd choice for me....started out with a "I can Live With It" mindset...and now it's actually grown on me and I rather enjoy taking in it's beauty...but if it isn't the same feeling for you with the Blue/Gray?...then run...don't look back....and get the color you want...or you'll never be happy till ya do.

Hope that helps...if not please consult the good folks at "Queer Eye". LOL!!!

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

my thoughts are always get what you want even if it costs a bit more otherwise you will always be disappointed or regret not getting something you REALLY wanted.

+1 Get what you want! I wanted the le, but opted for the Black/silver 05. Equally as happy until I saw the LE in person.

Myself personally, I couldn't justify spending that much more money for a model with nothing different other than it comes in a different color. The very point that you've taken the time to post this question shows you're possibly contemplating the same.

Remember too, you don't have to get the silver / blue model either. You can just as easily have the dealer order one of the other color schemes as well. You'd have to wait a few more days, but that's just a matter of impatience getting to ya. Also keep in mind, buying new from the dealer, they're also gonna hit you for shipping/freight, interest, etc... regardless which bike you choose.

I agree to a point what others have said. Get what you really want, otherwise you'll regret it. However nobody's seemed to point out that you may regret paying the extra coin as well.

<!--EDIT|Scribbler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114621640 -->

Do what everyone on here would do.......... Buy a BLack 02 LE, that way you save more $$$$ and get the fastest busa ever made at the same time !!

Get the bike you want, but get the best deal you can. Find another LE and haggle on the price, tell them you're about to buy the Blue/Grey one 'cause it's cheaper etc.

Back