What would you do to save your life!... I'll tell you what I did...

Thanks for your concern, this happened a while ago, all healed up...
Well. considering I would have picked my line through the corner and set my entry speed, I would have just kept my eyes open regardless of the tears, navigated my through the corner to the nearest motorcycle store and purchased an Arai helmet.

LOL

cheers
ken
I could have bought a stock gen 1 Busa for what I paid for the Roland Sands design carbon fibre helmet.lol

July1 second day of DSE series 2012 Rob and Pete.jpg

July1 second day of DSE series 2012 Rob and Pete.jpg

Okay first of all let's address the 200 mile an hour claim. Now if you read that correctly, you would realize that the 200 mile an hour claim was made in jest! This was a complete hyperbole. The comment in and of by itself suggested that the motorcycle wasn't doing 200 miles an hour exactly. But either way the bike was flying!

So back to the question at hand what would you do? Well if you stayed up right on the bike and hit the corner of the barriers it completely right off the bike. front end just crushed up inside the frame left side of the bike completely raked, yout left leg caught in between all the chaos and carnage, or you go flying over the barrier into oncoming traffic and we know what happened there. You can't get on the binders because your brain just won't allow it, you're out of time anyways, you can't turn the corner cuz you don't know where it is your and you don't have enough time anymore anyways; remember the visor came off at the worst possible time, taking away the majority of your options.

So what did I do? I turned the handlebars a fraction to the right and reefed on the front brake, causing a low side condition. As the bike was going down, I climbed on top of the left side of the bike, still blind and just along for the ride. (This is an old road racing trick) But you got to be quick thinking to employ this technique. As I was sliding down the highway the bike made 180 turn, meaning I hit the barriers with the ass end of the bike. I was immediately concussed, broken ribs and punctured lung.
As for the bike, thank God for sliders! So we slid for hundreds of feet,.(As far as I'm concerned geometry dictates that for something to be stable it needs at least three points of contact) when I got the bike back I only saw two points of contact. The swingarm and the slider. It didn't make sense to me mathematically. Because there wasn't any other damage than that. I went right through the slider and lost the fairing.View attachment 1605461 View attachment 1605462 this is the photo sent to me when I was in the hospital.

Well there we have it fellas. I hope you enjoyed this post I'm sorry to those who were offended.

I wouldn’t put a bike set up like that on any road that had a curve on it. Maybe the return lane at the end of a quarter mile. Either way, glad you made it out and healed up.

I wouldn’t put a bike set up like that on any road that had a curve on it. Maybe the return lane at the end of a quarter mile. Either way, glad you made it out and healed up.
Believe it or not this bike was very streetable it was my first Busa and I put thousands of miles on it. Now with that 16 inch stretch, and stock horsepower, I would dump the clutch at 10,000 RPM and it would just go off like a shot. No wheelspin

What would I do?

Pick a road with longer straight stretches. Do a recon run on it to check for any hazards or wildlife encounters first. Then make your run.

I'm not a fan of nighttime speed runs myself. But they would make for better conditions from a traffic and LEO point of view.

What would you do if going 60 mph around a corner and get taking out by a Turkey Vulture ?

After I stop seeing the sky, ground, sky, ground I finally pick myself up in the middle of the road and noticed my legs and arms still work so I walk over to my Sportster that's still running on it's side. I try to stand it back up but the pain tells me I have a broken left wrist so I finally get it up and ride it back home 30 miles in second gear cause my shifter is broken with a bent shock too.

Called the Base and make an appointment to see my Doc the next day and when I walk in I tell her my wrist is broken and I need a splint. She tells me what the Hell are you doing here and get your Ass to the Emergency Room. I love a Doc that gets to the point LOL.

Interesting drawn up scenario. I would not put myself in that situation… life is precious. I love to live on the edge but there are boundaries that I don’t pass as just past them is sheer stupidity. Glad you survived!

If you know the road so well...then you should be able to lean into a turn with your eyes closed while braking during an emergency, enough to get you slow enough to see. Lmao, what a great one to bring back, go Red!
As if nobody ever had dust blow into their eyes through the vents, as bad as a shield blowning off.
Was this a scene in BikerBoyz? lmao

If you know the road so well...then you should be able to lean into a turn with your eyes closed while braking during an emergency, enough to get you slow enough to see. Lmao, what a great one to bring back, go Red!
As if nobody ever had dust blow into their eyes through the vents, as bad as a shield blowning off.
Was this a scene in BikerBoyz? lmao
I need to rewatch that LOL

Back