What would you do to save your life!... I'll tell you what I did...

To save your life what would you do?
Get back in my truck immediately!!!

Seriously, when I'm tucked down my visor is below the windscreen. If I were to be going fast enough to be blinded by wind, I would most certainly be tucked way down...although I must admit, I have never tried doing 120+ without a helmet.

Now what if your windscreen and your visor both blew off? What then? Squint your eyes down and take your best shot. I'd never take a corner at high speed unless I had been through it enough times to know it like the back of my hand. If I made it, it would be mighty unnerving though.

I have had bikes downshift into neutral instead of 1 before entering a corner. Obviously low speed but hair raising nonetheless. Coasted through best I could and made it. Recently encountered a car while existing pretty close to the center line and just leaned it in harder. Made it. You do what you gotta do.

Talking to a riding buddy this morning we were discussing the odd calmness that we meet these surprise situations with. Ride long enough, have enough close calls, you don't panic. Surviving is euphoric instead although I certainly don't seek those situations out. I do my best to avoid them and still have fun.

Last edited:
I like scenarios and learning from others mistakes, I just don’t have much to add here because I’d never put myself in this situation.

I love acceleration but once up to any speed I’m back down to normal as quick as I got up there, I don’t do any sustained high mph on public roads. I don’t do high speeds at all in the dark.

To each there own and different strokes for different folks, but I have too much to risk or lose and that’s at the forefront of every ride I take.

I’m interested to hear what happened though
thanks for your input and I appreciate you're writing styles. Some of us just have a higher need for speed weather on the Queen's highway or race track...

Though your story lacks any credibility i will bite. I wear glasses under my helmet (script) i wouldnt tear up barely at all. You story has tons of holes:

1 visor defect
2 not that fast in the gear mentioned
3 eyes tearing up to the point of blindness?
4 bike windscreen non existant?
5 why would you be untucked at 150?

no need to go further here.

Though your story lacks any credibility i will bite. I wear glasses under my helmet (script) i wouldnt tear up barely at all. You story has tons of holes:

1 visor defect
2 not that fast in the gear mentioned
3 eyes tearing up to the point of blindness?
4 bike windscreen non existant?
5 why would you be untucked at 150?

no need to go further here.
for guys like you that can't get over the facts of the story, pretend the story started at a hundred miles an hour and your visor flew off into the corner and you're * blind !what you going to do?

for guys like you that can't get over the facts of the story, pretend the story started at a hundred miles an hour and your visor flew off into the corner and you're * blind !what you going to do?
This is getting dumb (ok it's been dumb for awhile already). If you are truly blind you would have to go by your mental picture and slow down as soon as possible. Is there a point to this stupidity?

You're right there's a lot of dumb answers here. But going by
This is getting dumb (ok it's been dumb for awhile already). If you are truly blind you would have to go by your mental picture and slow down as soon as possible. Is there a point to this stupidity?
But going by your mental memory won't help because there's no time to slow down. You can't even get on the binders your brain won't let you when you're blind.

But going by your mental memory won't help because there's no time to slow down. You can't even get on the binders your brain won't let you when you're blind.
I figured I would give it one more shot, but unfortunately you are an idiot. You remind me of a prison guard I once knew. I wonder if he figured out how to escape being banned? Lol!

Last edited:

Then I guess I’d die! Is that what happened to you?

Okay first of all let's address the 200 mile an hour claim. Now if you read that correctly, you would realize that the 200 mile an hour claim was made in jest! This was a complete hyperbole. The comment in and of by itself suggested that the motorcycle wasn't doing 200 miles an hour exactly. But either way the bike was flying!

So back to the question at hand what would you do? Well if you stayed up right on the bike and hit the corner of the barriers it completely right off the bike. front end just crushed up inside the frame left side of the bike completely raked, yout left leg caught in between all the chaos and carnage, or you go flying over the barrier into oncoming traffic and we know what happened there. You can't get on the binders because your brain just won't allow it, you're out of time anyways, you can't turn the corner cuz you don't know where it is your and you don't have enough time anymore anyways; remember the visor came off at the worst possible time, taking away the majority of your options.

So what did I do? I turned the handlebars a fraction to the right and reefed on the front brake, causing a low side condition. As the bike was going down, I climbed on top of the left side of the bike, still blind and just along for the ride. (This is an old road racing trick) But you got to be quick thinking to employ this technique. As I was sliding down the highway the bike made 180 turn, meaning I hit the barriers with the ass end of the bike. I was immediately concussed, broken ribs and punctured lung.
As for the bike, thank God for sliders! So we slid for hundreds of feet,.(As far as I'm concerned geometry dictates that for something to be stable it needs at least three points of contact) when I got the bike back I only saw two points of contact. The swingarm and the slider. It didn't make sense to me mathematically. Because there wasn't any other damage than that. I went right through the slider and lost the fairing.
befor an after.jpg
homebuilt.jpg
this is the photo sent to me when I was in the hospital.

Well there we have it fellas. I hope you enjoyed this post I'm sorry to those who were offended.

Okay first of all let's address the 200 mile an hour claim. Now if you read that correctly, you would realize that the 200 mile an hour claim was made in jest! This was a complete hyperbole. The comment in and of by itself suggested that the motorcycle wasn't doing 200 miles an hour exactly. But either way the bike was flying!

So back to the question at hand what would you do? Well if you stayed up right on the bike and hit the corner of the barriers it completely right off the bike. front end just crushed up inside the frame left side of the bike completely raked, yout left leg caught in between all the chaos and carnage, or you go flying over the barrier into oncoming traffic and we know what happened there. You can't get on the binders because your brain just won't allow it, you're out of time anyways, you can't turn the corner cuz you don't know where it is your and you don't have enough time anymore anyways; remember the visor came off at the worst possible time, taking away the majority of your options.

So what did I do? I turned the handlebars a fraction to the right and reefed on the front brake, causing a low side condition. As the bike was going down, I climbed on top of the left side of the bike, still blind and just along for the ride. (This is an old road racing trick) But you got to be quick thinking to employ this technique. As I was sliding down the highway the bike made 180 turn, meaning I hit the barriers with the ass end of the bike. I was immediately concussed, broken ribs and punctured lung.
As for the bike, thank God for sliders! So we slid for hundreds of feet,.(As far as I'm concerned geometry dictates that for something to be stable it needs at least three points of contact) when I got the bike back I only saw two points of contact. The swingarm and the slider. It didn't make sense to me mathematically. Because there wasn't any other damage than that. I went right through the slider and lost the fairing.View attachment 1605461 View attachment 1605462 this is the photo sent to me when I was in the hospital.

Well there we have it fellas. I hope you enjoyed this post I'm sorry to those who were offended.
Heal up soon, at least you are still around to reflect upon what happened and use it as a learning experience for yourself and others

Back