What would make you stop riding?

Tached1300

Registered
I’ve taken breaks, for example a few years back I only enjoyed riding if I was pushing the pace constantly I decided it was perhaps time to take a break or change my riding style or choice in bike. Less capable bikes can be fun to toss around like the old ninja 500 I used to commute to work for example. But I’ve never said I’m done riding forever. I plan to be like my 83 year old uncle who rides his gold wing and has been riding since before I was born. Other than a health related reason I plan to remain on two wheels.

Motorcycling is an addiction of mine I enjoy riding anything on two wheels. Typically I even like to have more than one bike in the event that one is down for maintenance or whatever I can still ride the other.

So what will cause you to say it’s time to give it up for good?

#Death ~ #EngineStopped ~ #FlatTire ~ #OutOfGas ~ #THEoRg *

If I lived in the city or urban area and was restricted to only that area I may not be all that interested in riding, that Is not my idea of relaxing or fun.

Last edited:
Well I hope none of you experience what I have. Laying on an operating table with tubes down your throat , chest tubes in your back,tubes in your stomach. Broken beyond what the doctors thought was possible to live through told my wife to come in. I woke at that moment and tried to say goodbye and I love you, but could not talk, my wife read it in my eyes and said I know. I love my family more. Sorry for this sob story, I love my bike and miss it already, but there are more important things

Well I hope none of you experience what I have. Laying on an operating table with tubes down your throat , chest tubes in your back,tubes in your stomach. Broken beyond what the doctors thought was possible to live through told my wife to come in. I woke at that moment and tried to say goodbye and I love you, but could not talk, my wife read it in my eyes and said I know. I love my family more. Sorry for this sob story, I love my bike and miss it already, but there are more important things
A blessing to still be here, I wish you a speedy recovery.

I get it , I've had 2 big ones (accidents) , it is a personal decision , when your are deep in the early stages of recovery ... well other things are far more important than ever riding bikes .
If you do go back to riding , you now have a real world experience realization that the risks are very real , and that $h1t can indeed happen to you , not just everyone else .
I pissed a lot of my family off last big one , bought a new bike laying in hospital , with 3 limbs all pinned and set with rods and in casts . Got done smoking weed celebrating by my nurses...... those were crazy days !!

Back