What would be the best possible location....

Now that would be a great ride! BTW, the Moki Dugway is Busa friendly, its less than four miles long. The cop in Utah was not much of a talker.

I went west from Monument Valley to get back home across Nevada then over the Tioga Pass into Yosemite. Was a bit chilly there.

Maybe we should think about this idea more seriously. I have a few suggestions other than my back yard (YNP :)) but they’re all in the western half of the US and 2-3 days ride from here. We have to pick a spot and then pick a date tentative as it might be right now. But the area has to come first. How about one of these places for example?

Grand Canyon and Monument Valley-Arizona and Utah
Pike’s Peak and the million dollar highway-Colorado
Yellowstone NP and pretty much any nearby two lane-Wyoming and Montana
Glacier NP and (every) two lane in the vicinity-Montana and Idaho

What say ye?

Maybe we should think about this idea more seriously. I have a few suggestions other than my back yard (YNP :)) but they’re all in the western half of the US and 2-3 days ride from here. We have to pick a spot and then pick a date tentative as it might be right now. But the area has to come first. How about one of these places for example?

Grand Canyon and Monument Valley-Arizona and Utah
Pike’s Peak and the million dollar highway-Colorado
Yellowstone NP and pretty much any nearby two lane-Wyoming and Montana
Glacier NP and (every) two lane in the vicinity-Montana and Idaho

What say ye?
That sounds pretty good. I could make all of the above happen. Isn't there an option to make a poll. Put these locations in and let members vote for their fav so we can get as many as possible together??

I’d consider Pikes Peak :beerchug:

That’s a spot on my bucket list for sure!!!

Don’t be mad if I show up on my Harley tho :lol:

It’s about 1,500 miles from me and I’d try to hit it in 1 shot under 24 hours. So I could get my Iron Butt Bun Burner Gold certification.

It’s about 1,500 miles from me and I’d try to hit it in 1 shot under 24 hours. So I could get my Iron Butt Bun Burner Gold certification.
maybe it does not have to be 1500 miles. maybe a bit closer to the eastcoast.
But lets wait what the others will come up with when we start a poll!

That sounds pretty good. I could make all of the above happen. Isn't there an option to make a poll. Put these locations in and let members vote for their fav so we can get as many as possible together??

I don’t see a poll function around here and I doubt the idea for a meet like this will actually garner much support. Most I feel aren’t into multi day rides and some live too far away to make such a ride unless it’s quite a bit closer to them. But, we (do) have three of us willing to go to at least one of the locations suggested. :)

If anyone squawks about your Hawg we‘ll make them ride in the rear. However, if I wanted to burn miles at speed, I’d choose a Hayabusa over a Harley.

If anyone squawks about your Hawg we‘ll make them ride in the rear. However, if I wanted to burn miles at speed, I’d choose a Hayabusa over a Harley.

Harley has larger fuel tank, built in GPS, XM radio, cruise control, more storage capacity, and much brighter lights. Attempting a 24 hour 1,500 mile trip like my Harley is comfortable at 85mph

I humbly suggest making it around an event, say nhra, moto gp, F1? Make a weekend of it, some rides built in, but accessible to an airport and highways for those who can't or don't want to ride in. Thoughts?

Wouldn’t mind catching a moto gp race :firing:

They do 1 in Indy every year right???

I humbly suggest making it around an event, say nhra, moto gp, F1? Make a weekend of it, some rides built in, but accessible to an airport and highways for those who can't or don't want to ride in. Thoughts?

An event to attend is ok (MotoGP is in Austin TX) but I’ve run into the other suggestion before and I’d much prefer a ride in event. After all this is a motorcycle club not the Elks lodge. :)

Back