What would be a fair asking price? Might just sell this one....

its bound to be something simple take up the suggestions let the ones with the experience diagnose it for ya

Bruh, take the bike to Maryland! Also do a search, there's a list outh there that has the common problems of each year/model Busa!!!

I would be happy to take it off your hands for $3,000, as is, no questions asked. If you are interested PM me.

What he said. I've been through a large number of separate issues and just can't seem to get ahead. But the bigger point is I don't know if I'll ever trust in the bikes reliability at this point.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm having the same problems with my '99. Just haven't had time to open it up and replace stuff. Vacuum lines might be it.

If you can, get the manual and run diagnostics on it. I'd look at the charging system, TPS, throttle-valve synch, vacuum and run through and check the wires and connectors for corrosion.

Personally, I'd think about getting a second, newer bike, then taking your time to diagnose and fix the '99.... then slapping a turbo on it. :whistle:

I'm having the same problems with my '99. Just haven't had time to open it up and replace stuff. Vacuum lines might be it.

If you can, get the manual and run diagnostics on it. I'd look at the charging system, TPS, throttle-valve synch, vacuum and run through and check the wires and connectors for corrosion.

Personally, I'd think about getting a second, newer bike, then taking your time to diagnose and fix the '99.... then slapping a turbo on it. :whistle:
+1 :laugh:

I hope you find the issue. A well maintained bike can easily go more than 100k. I had a 1980 Maxim 550 that rolled over 165k before I sold it to my brother. He road it for another 25k before he bent the shift fork and got it stuck in 4th gear. That probably wouldn't have happened if he wasn't shifting it so hard.

I would have to agree with rashad i think it would be more profitable to sell it in parts then trying to sell the whole thing

Bring the bike down to me at Metal road Cycles in Waldorf,Md. We will find this problem and eliminate it. 540-223-3785 Paul

Now "THERE" is an O-R-G kind of offer. Don't abandon the Busa, there isn't a universe full of things wrong with it..... :super: A little bit of general upkeep and you have running 99' Copper...... :oldcool:

Agreed!

What he said. I've been through a large number of separate issues and just can't seem to get ahead. But the bigger point is I don't know if I'll ever trust in the bikes reliability at this point.
Posted via Mobile Device
Once you get your problem sorted it'll be as reliable as a brick....just like all busa's :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Back