what will make me faster

riggsracin

Registered
o5 busa
mods
16th front sproket brocks street smartex, clutch mod, lowered, straped, clutch springs, tuned, leaded axel, mps auto air shifter,power one race rear tire, all short stacks in air box.
besides that all stock
dont want to extended or give it a bottle?
what else can i do my best time is 9.45 flat got in the 1.5s 60 foots
thought about the cam mod and a thin head gasket? but im on a budget? any one?

if ur doin that on a non streched bike i feel ur doin pretty good cant realy help thought maybe 16 41 be able to go into 5 how much do u weight

i do see how the ss guy are running 8s on 1000s with no shifter and stock length? what about oxy do i have to remap to run it?

good one bubba, very true....saddle time is the cheapest, funnest, consistent way to get faster....

Yes, and I am also employing the weight reduction factor. Try losing 60+ lbs off the old girl, this is a big factor and also requires time in the seat to get a better feel for the bike after the bike is lighter.
Bubba

Have you done the small box mod with the short stacks?

You could do intake on the exhaust side or another set of cams. Try some MR9 or 12 with a custom tune.

What is your budget would be a better question?

i do see how the ss guy are running 8s on 1000s with no shifter and stock length? what about oxy do i have to remap to run it?

Guys running 8s on GSXR1Ks are 110lbs soaking wet, on bikes weighing well under 400 lbs making in excess of 180 HP with 10 lbs of lead strapped to the front.:laugh:

Whats the small box mod? Also the guys on the 1ks arent alowed to add weight in front of the crank shaft and they have to meet an ama weight minimum. im only 125. but im sure there pushing lot more horses than me. i think mine will go in the 930 with me on it. just wanted some more tips

Whats the small box mod? Also the guys on the 1ks arent alowed to add weight in front of the crank shaft and they have to meet an ama weight minimum. im only 125. but im sure there pushing lot more horses than me. i think mine will go in the 930 with me on it. just wanted some more tips

Cut the flapper valve out of the airbox and make it smooth inside. Do a search on here for pics, that will give you a bit more top end and probably into the 9.30's the way you are riding... ;)

Have you run MR9 or 12?

Also the guys on the 1ks arent alowed to add weight in front of the crank shaft and they have to meet an ama weight minimum. im only 125. but im sure there pushing lot more horses than me. i think mine will go in the 930 with me on it. just wanted some more tips

Riiiiight.... thats why they catch them with there forks and front wheel hubs loaded with lead.:whistle:[

By pulling a caliper and rotor off the front, it will make the bike more prone to wheelie, but to help compensate for that, you can reverse your front fork tubes (left for right and right for left). By doing this, the caliper will now be located in front of the axle. You are moving a 4.5 lb weight almost 6 inches forward. The battery can also be relocated forward either to the nose or were the oil cooler is located. Are you trying to stay AMA legal or not?

It depends how good your current tune is. You may or may not see a improvement. You can try it but to get the most benefit, you need a custom tune. That or if you bought your pipe from Brock, see if he has a MR9 tune you can try. That may be closer than what you have now using the oxygenated fuel.

Also, which fuel are you using?

Some you are wasting your time even trying. Make sure you drain out ALL the pump gas, then use the MR9. Once you are done racing, empty the tank and run pump fuel through the system. DO NOT let the gas sit in the tank over time it can gum up and eat up your pump gasket, etc...

Back