What will be banned next in the USA

#BrianOwasBanned ~ #DieselsMayBeNext ~ #WgatDoYouThink ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
I think this thread will be relevant for a very long time if not forever. Things change day by day and restrictions become overbearing. It sucks that we have to deal with them. I will give you one example...

I jet ski quite a bit as it is my number one passion with motorcycles coming as a close second. I understand the need for "No Wake Zones" because it makes total sense. My biggest battle is why they are located near where rich people live. It's actually pretty funny if you take a stroll down the intracoastal. As soon as you get to 1+ million dollar homes the waters are "NO WAKE/MANATEE ZONE" which I call total BS on. So one day I was pulled over going through a no wake zone at a little over the limit. Alright, around 50ish. I decided that this was my time to actually get a few decent answers from a police officer who can guide me in the right direction because I was a little confused. You see, heading south in the ocean to the FL keys we pass a VERY large area off the coast of key biscayne. Boats are 100% totally allowed into the "protected area" but jet skis are not. Personal watercraft are banned. What does that mean? It means I have to go due east for 7 miles, make a sharp turn and go around the park pretty much endangering my life as every other boating just flies though it. I asked the officer why this was and the only thing he could come up with is that waverunners are banned. I kept asking why and he finally told me....

Cop:"Jet skis cause a lot of issues to the sea life and growth under the water"
Me: "I'm confused, boats would cause just as much in this scenario"
Cop: "No, jet skis use a thrust pump while boats use a propeller. A thrust of a jet ski is much much stronger and causes more damage"
Me: "This is totally incorrect. A jet ski drafts 1ft of water while a boat drafts 3+. A jet pump is enclosed while a propeller of a vessel is not and a propeller would cause much more damage to reefs etc. A jet pump produces horizontal thrust while a propeller could change that due to tilt."
Cop:"Look im not here to deal with a smartass"
Me: "Im confused, I'm just looking for answers and figured you would be a great source for that."
Cop: "Here take this card and call the main office they can tell you the same thing I just did"
Me: "I heard you loud and clear, but in your mind does it make sense what you just told me?"
Cop: "Here is your citation and have a great day"

I find this totally unfair. Now in reference to the post from almost 20 years ago yes there is a law that prohibits waverunners from exceeding 70MPH from the manufacturer. This is of course a joke as a tune will bring the ski up to 78mph instantaneously.

-------------------------
What will be banned next? Hopefully selfie sticks.

I think this thread will be relevant for a very long time if not forever. Things change day by day and restrictions become overbearing. It sucks that we have to deal with them. I will give you one example...

I jet ski quite a bit as it is my number one passion with motorcycles coming as a close second. I understand the need for "No Wake Zones" because it makes total sense. My biggest battle is why they are located near where rich people live. It's actually pretty funny if you take a stroll down the intracoastal. As soon as you get to 1+ million dollar homes the waters are "NO WAKE/MANATEE ZONE" which I call total BS on. So one day I was pulled over going through a no wake zone at a little over the limit. Alright, around 50ish. I decided that this was my time to actually get a few decent answers from a police officer who can guide me in the right direction because I was a little confused. You see, heading south in the ocean to the FL keys we pass a VERY large area off the coast of key biscayne. Boats are 100% totally allowed into the "protected area" but jet skis are not. Personal watercraft are banned. What does that mean? It means I have to go due east for 7 miles, make a sharp turn and go around the park pretty much endangering my life as every other boating just flies though it. I asked the officer why this was and the only thing he could come up with is that waverunners are banned. I kept asking why and he finally told me....

Cop:"Jet skis cause a lot of issues to the sea life and growth under the water"
Me: "I'm confused, boats would cause just as much in this scenario"
Cop: "No, jet skis use a thrust pump while boats use a propeller. A thrust of a jet ski is much much stronger and causes more damage"
Me: "This is totally incorrect. A jet ski drafts 1ft of water while a boat drafts 3+. A jet pump is enclosed while a propeller of a vessel is not and a propeller would cause much more damage to reefs etc. A jet pump produces horizontal thrust while a propeller could change that due to tilt."
Cop:"Look im not here to deal with a smartass"
Me: "Im confused, I'm just looking for answers and figured you would be a great source for that."
Cop: "Here take this card and call the main office they can tell you the same thing I just did"
Me: "I heard you loud and clear, but in your mind does it make sense what you just told me?"
Cop: "Here is your citation and have a great day"

I find this totally unfair. Now in reference to the post from almost 20 years ago yes there is a law that prohibits waverunners from exceeding 70MPH from the manufacturer. This is of course a joke as a tune will bring the ski up to 78mph instantaneously.

-------------------------
What will be banned next? Hopefully selfie sticks.
LOL. You think a cop gives a crap not even knows what he is talking about as far as damages caused or why the speed restrictions?

He doesn't. He has a reason to write you a citation. Anything else is just smartass to him. They aren't really paid to use logic like that. You were doing 50. Asking him if he thinks no wake zoned are logical will get you a smartass label.

The judge won't care either.

So who we vote for is the only voice you have. Like that gives us a lot of faith......

Back