what were your first impressions when you first rode a busa?

I was looking at an SE and when we got to the part of the deal where we were going to haggle about the price I said to the guy. We are going to talk money on this thing and I havent even heard one run. I said I need to hear it at least. He said no you need to ride it.I said no thats OK I know it will rip up the pavement. He said no you wont believe it.So off I went. Man was he right. I rode it on the hi-way about ten mile then turned around. Having never been on one and reading all the post on here I didnt get on it in first but I did in second and third.I could not believe it. I had to stop and try it again. Can that much acceleration be legal??? I went back and twisted his arm on the price and bought it. Its cold here so I havent picked it up yet but I cant wait. Hurry up spring!!!

I wanted one ever sense 99' and not having prefect credit. I had to save the money up. I wanted the 99' but when I saw the 02' black/blue it was over. (I heard leno has same color) This is also my first bike and I'm a first time rider. I took it easy for about 600miles an now I'm burning anything that steps in my way. Nothing can top this feeling.

Busa's 4 life

The ride home from the dealer..40 miles..to my house, i was Totally amazed by the roll on torque...in any gear....4th 5th
Wonderful..and i live at 5000 feet...imagine that.
I did ride at sea level this summer..this is a sick and awsome ride..love it to death..just don't wanna die on it...

Nothing can compare. Don't really know what all else can be said. fast. responsive. fast. looks great. fast. great handling, did I mention fast?

OH MY GOD THIS THING IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That was two years ago and I still say the same thing every time I ride it.

This was my first bike I have ever rode. At first I was saying it is not that bad. Then I got my confidence and uesd more RPM and found a monster. Now I know why they say "Move b&^#@, Get out the Way"My Bike

Welcome to the board,ISALSA. Two questions.
1) How did you attach the passenger foot pegs when you put on the high mounts? They look like they are attached to the fairing.
2) What made you decide to repaint your bike all blue? Don't get me wrong I really do like it. I am just wondering.

This was my first bike I have ever rode.  At first I was saying it is not that bad.  Then I got my confidence and uesd more RPM and found a monster.  Now I know why they say "Move b&^#@, Get out the Way"My Bike
What's up ISALSA? My name is Greg...oops Thinker. I live in Portland. Welcome to the board. I checked out your bike...its SWEET! I also saw that photo of "Busa Row"...very cool. however, in July, we are going to set a record for the most Busas group picture. A bunch of us (25 so far) are meeting up at Laguna Seca races in CA. 4-6 of us will be riding down from the NW. You should think about it.

Thinker

Noah_group_small.jpg

I used the factory mounts and drilled holes on the body. The rear foot pegs are required for my girlfriend.
The color was like that when I bought it. It is curently being changed again and the frame is getting power-coated. I hope to have it back together soon.
I currently have two bike in pieces getting fames powder-coated. My busa and my girlfriends custom 600-750 GSXR

DSCN2834.JPG

What's up ISALSA? My name is Greg...oops Thinker. I live in Portland. Welcome to the board. I checked out your bike...its SWEET! I also saw that photo of "Busa Row"...very cool. however, in July, we are going to set a record for the most Busas group picture. A bunch of us (25 so far) are meeting up at Laguna Seca races in CA. 4-6 of us will be riding down from the NW. You should think about it. [/QUOTE]
My girl and I would like to join you guys. By then we should have them ready for a big road trip.

DSCN2785.JPG

I used the factory mounts and drilled holes on the body.  The rear foot pegs are required for my girlfriend.  
The color was like that when I bought it.  It is curently being changed again and the frame is getting power-coated. I hope to have it back together soon.  
I currently have two bike in pieces getting fames powder-coated. My busa and my girlfriends custom 600-750 GSXR
Welcome to the board,ISALSA. Two questions.
1) How did you attach the passenger foot pegs when you put on the high mounts? They look like they are attached to the fairing.
2) What made you decide to repaint your bike all blue? Don't get me wrong I really do like it. I am just wondering.[/QUOTE]

I used the factory mounts and drilled holes on the body. The rear foot pegs are required for my girlfriend.
The color was like that when I bought it. It is curently being changed again and the frame is getting power-coated. I hope to have it back together soon.

What's up ISALSA? My name is Greg...oops Thinker. I live in Portland. Welcome to the board. I checked out your bike...its SWEET! I also saw that photo of "Busa Row"...very cool. however, in July, we are going to set a record for the most Busas group picture. A bunch of us (25 so far) are meeting up at Laguna Seca races in CA. 4-6 of us will be riding down from the NW. You should think about it.
My girl and I would like to join you guys.  By then we should have them ready for a big road trip.[/QUOTE]
Send me your e-mail address, and I will give you some details. greg.hall@flir.com I also will tell you about some other stuff we have going.

I FINALLY GOT MY BUSA IN DECEMBER. I HAVE WANTED THIS BIKE FOR 2 YEARS. I BOUGHT A 2000 BLUE/SILVER W/YOSHI CANS, FENDER ELIMINATOR, TAIL LIGHT INTAGRATER AND 3000 MILES, 1 OWNER GARAGE KEPT AND NOT ONE SCRATCH FOR $7800. MY FIRST RIDE WAS IN AN ICE STORM FOR 120 MILES TO GET BACK HOME. MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS DAMN ITS COLD. AFTER THAT MAN THIS THING IS FAST. MOST OF THE WAY HOME I WAS ABLE TO KEEP IT BETWEEN 75MPH AND 95MPH. VERY SMOOTH RIDE. EVERY TIME I GET OFF OF IT, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK ON.

First impression, Holy SH*^... Hell 30th Impression Holy SH*^!!!

I still get them Butterflies when it is time to ride...First Machine I have ever purchased that has lived up to all the hype!

I always looked at the bike as a way too big beast. I have always been into R1, and honda sportbikes. Then one day I rode some twisties with a Busa and said wow! To me this is a well balanced bike. Its fast, comfortable and can handle well for its size. So now I am a proud owner of a 2000 model. I cant wait to modify it.:D

My first thought was...Should I wait to change my underwear? :eek: After riding cruisers and a Katana 750, I was just amazed at how balanced it was, and of course how powerful it was. I also was pleasantly surprised at the level of comfort it provides.

I bought my bike used with 1500 easy miles on it. I took it for a test drive real slow at first to get a feel for it and then I got on some empty stretches of road and let her open a little and felt the rush and then shifted and then felt the rush and then shifted. The funny thing was I only revved it to 7500 RPM before shifting. I remember thinking "How much more does this thing have?" Once my tax return came back it was mine 2 weeks later. Had a big grin on my face ever since.

Fast.... but not as fast has my gsxr 1000..... sorry guys. On the
the positive side the Busa fits me much better and is more comfortable
on longer rides...no more crazy wheelies under acceleration ...it just lays
down and goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back