What was your summer project?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Okay folks, it's cold outside for sure and it's getting dark quick which means most riding is over and you guys are in withdrawals for some bike time... Get your mind off of it and tell us what you did around your house non bike related this summer, catch us up on your projects.

Mine is just more of the same, I spent a significant amount of time finishing my solar tracking project. The panels track in two axis and park flat automatically when it gets dark or when the wind gets too high.

IMG_20140920_130215113_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140922_095435099_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140922_095517918_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140920_130215113_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140922_095435099_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140922_095517918_HDR.jpg

Nice cap!!! Ours was finishing the upstairs in the new house...Omar designed the entire space for the kids and did most of the work. He's got all of the pics. Perhaps he'll stop by one of these days and post some before and afters to show how much he got done :)

Nice cap!!! Ours was finishing the upstairs in the new house...Omar designed the entire space for the kids and did most of the work. He's got all of the pics. Perhaps he'll stop by one of these days and post some before and afters to show how much he got done :)

PICS PICS PICS

I wanted to use this smiley for a long time...

:worthless:

Hey Cap. How much do 10 solar panels cost? And will they pay for themselves? Before 2020? :laugh:

I have to say you are pretty brave to have those in Tornado Alley. :whistle:

Learned to bake bread.

Bread_zps9bbeb1f6.jpg

Had to ride my bicycle to get rid of all the calories from eating the bread.

Horse_zps974da6cf.jpg

Then got bored and built some side tables in the wood shop.

001E_zpse3ee9ee4.jpg

007E_zps08c668f9.jpg

Drank too much beer

Lubeck020_zpsdf25ab1d.jpg

I added the ability to hookup to electricity and have power in my trailer.
Did this mostly, as I was planning on attending the Eureka Springs fall M&G.
Because it basically got cancelled I have not used it for that purpose yet.
Should be able to sleep in it -
I added a small frig too. So once at a spot I could have some cold food or drinks available.

I added a circuit breaker box so that I can hook up to a regular 3 prong outlet OR
I can hookup to a 30 Amp outlet at a campground.

P1030029_zpsd583c4c4.jpg

I ran the outlets along the upper part of the walls so that it didn't interfere with
strapping things to the walls as that is where some of the tie downs are located.
Found some old computer speakers that ran on electricity so I mounted them and it's better than nothing.

P1030059_zps1c3add5a.jpg

I added the electrical connections under the trailer and this way looking at the trailer
no one would know just by looking at it that there are electrical connections inside or out.
The outlet shown becomes live when powered up so there is an outdoor outlet available.
That way a cord doesn't have to run out of a door if power was needed outside the trailer.

P1030065_zps304d74b8.jpg

The cord for 30 amp hookup is hard wired and sealed so as to be waterproof.
The 2x4 is attached from the inside so it has to be unattached before the cord can be hooked up.
The box is painted silver now so it blends pretty well and helps protect the wood.

P1030068_zpsadadafc6.jpg

Instead if buying a chock for the Busa I built one that is unique to the Busa and it worked fine
when I used it for the HITH's meet in July.

P1030054_zpsb0429a72.jpg

If you weren't so busy attending concerts you could have helped.. :hide:

I had a few irons in the fire... Dirt bike shed, steel targets, powdercoating bullets, reloading, shooting pavillion, honey extraction, garden shed

006.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

002.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

I want to set up a trailer like this too! Some of you have met my buddy Terry at Eureka a few years ago, he did this and loves it... I just can't afford to go anywhere so I don't need the trailer yet :)

DSC_0836.jpg

DSC_0840.jpg

DSC_0841.jpg

DSC_0832.jpg

DSC_0836.jpg

DSC_0840.jpg

DSC_0841.jpg

DSC_0832.jpg

I had a few irons in the fire... Dirt bike shed, steel targets, powdercoating bullets, reloading, shooting pavillion, honey extraction, garden shed

My sons would LOVE these!! They need some targets...oh, Omar!! ;)

Back