What was THE bike that got you into sportbikes?

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
Mine was the 1991 Gsxr 750. I :drool: 'd over that bike when it came out, and I STILL lust for one in mint shape. Post up yours, pics are required :rulez:

1196068693.jpg

gsxr750_1991.jpg

7958380494_3c103bd566_z.jpg

Gsxr 1100. Not too sure on years but my friends brother had on he drag raced and I wanted one ever since.

image-482292971.jpg

A 1995 Honda CBR 900RR without the white. I would LOVE to have this bike again and if anyone has one they want to get rid of, hit me up first! :beerchug:

nsmain.jpg

1985 kawasaki ninja zx6... first year for full fairing production bikes..that is the bike got me into riding sport bikes ..

gpx600r-1985.jpg

gpx600r-1985.jpg

Leave it to the boss to not follow the rules. :down: :worthless:

Now I'll just throw up another of mine to even it out. :banghead:

03.jpg

This one came out when I was a sophomore in high school. It was the baddest of the bad.

I always liked the Super Blackbird, but this was the one that hooked me. :thumbsup:

99 Busa.jpg

Flicka. You were obviously a smart young man with great taste! What happened?? :laugh: BTW, feel old yet?

This one came out when I was a sophomore in high school. It was the baddest of the bad.

I always liked the Super Blackbird, but this was the one that hooked me. :thumbsup:

It was a 1975 Honda Super Sport 750 for me. There is an incriminating picture around here somewhere of me on that bike with no helmet and wearing bellbottoms. :laugh:

I am only 23 so the mid 80's bikes that you guys loved were made before i was BORN!!

My first bike was a 86 nighthawk 450 that I bought simply to learn on. I had it for a few months before deciding on something else and I decided on a 2005 Suzuki GS500F. FANTASTIC little bike. It is what got me longing for more sport and adrenaline

suzuki.jpg

Flicka. You were obviously a smart young man with great taste! What happened?? :laugh: BTW, feel old yet?

Well thank you! I've always had a thing for the best of the best... even if it's just a little better. :laugh:

Mom used to say something about having "champagne taste on a beer budget" :dunno:

And yes, I feel old. Probably shouldn't, but I do.

Mine was a second hand 2002 Hayabusa that I stole.

4267_1147825024622_1826708_n.jpg

4267_1147825024622_1826708_n.jpg

Hmmm. I don't have one can pinpoint. I HATED sportbikes up until 2001 when a guy I work with set me straight on some of my misunderstandings. He is a drag racer and at the time had 5 GSXR 1100's. He's the one who suggested I get a Busa cause I wanted to take my wife with me.

I took my MSF course in 2002 and got my bike in 2010. Found it on eBay, 2.5 hrs away, my wife wrote the check and we brought it home in the bed of our truck. I had never ridden on the street and I was TERRIFIED! Kept wondering "why did we buy this thing"?

Here we are now. The only time my wife speaks her mind is when I suggest selling the bike Let's just say she does not approve.

True story...

This got me in to sportbikes, and I went from that to the Busa I have owned for 10 years now :laugh:

me.jpg

My mom's was a "beer wallet" but I think we both understand. But don't you think you should have stuck with the best instead of downgrading? :laugh:

Well thank you! I've always had a thing for the best of the best... even if it's just a little better. :laugh:

Mom used to say something about having "champagne taste on a beer budget" :dunno:

And yes, I feel old. Probably shouldn't, but I do.

First bike that I saw that I wanted was in 2004 and it was a custom busa in a magazine. First bike I bought was in 2008 from family and it was a 2004 Suzuki gs500f

ForumRunner_20130205_121533.png

Back