what up world gen 1 needs refreshing and improving

dabigboi220

Registered
first off i would like to say hello to all. since i am new to this site thanks for having me. here goes i have a 2003 gsx1300r with 55,500 miles on her when i brought her in february of this year she had 40,000. she is lowered and stretched with blocks,tre,pc3,air box mod and slipon yoshi. i was wondering what should i do to refresh the motor and improve on the horsepower and torque numbers without rebuilding the engine. no turbo's and spray i want natural power cause she is my daily driver and not my race bike i have a 2002 honda cbr 1100xx for that.

Valves adjusted, fuel filter, throttle bodies sync, plugs & wires, full exhaust, bmc race air filter, and dyno tuned @ shop should do the trick :whistle:

Don't forget to check the points, condenser and dist. cap. Also at that mileage watch for fuel in the crankcase because the fuel pump diaphragm is probably getting thin. Also at this point a rejet would probably help a lot and if you want a little more power you can swap out the venturies on your side drafts.

Don't forget to check the points, condenser and dist. cap. Also at that mileage watch for fuel in the crankcase because the fuel pump diaphragm is probably getting thin. Also at this point a rejet would probably help and take a look at Holley power valves while your at it.
:laugh:

Valves adjusted, fuel filter, throttle bodies sync, plugs & wires, full exhaust, bmc race air filter, and dyno tuned @ shop should do the trick :whistle:

i have had the valves adjusted and i already have a K&N filter. i run iridium plugs. i am 3/4 there but i do have some questions
which fuel filter (after market or oem)
what is a throttle body sync
what wire set
i like the dual look and i haven't found a good after-market set
i was also thinking about ecu-flash with a dyno tune ( one or the other or both )which is more effective

i have had the valves adjusted and i already have a K&N filter. i run iridium plugs. i am 3/4 there but i do have some questions
which fuel filter (after market or oem)
what is a throttle body sync
what wire set
i like the dual look and i haven't found a good after-market set
i was also thinking about ecu-flash with a dyno tune ( one or the other or both )which is more effective

If ya like the dual look, check out the hmf high mount. If I didn't already have a full set that's what I'd be ordering.

K&N sucks IMO and the opinions of many others... search the threads on here and you'll find out more details about the throttle body sync. an ecu flash is not a dyno tune, that would go along with the dyno tune to use your ECU to properly dial in your bike and have it running properly.

K&N sucks IMO and the opinions of many others... search the threads on here and you'll find out more details about the throttle body sync. an ecu flash is not a dyno tune, that would go along with the dyno tune to use your ECU to properly dial in your bike and have it running properly.

i understand a ecu flash isn't a dynotune, i guess my question is how well would a ecu flash and my pc3 tuned up would work??

If you already have a power commander 3 than its basically gonna do the same thing as using the ecu editor. There is several threads on here that compare both and everybody's got an opinion as 2 which they prefer. My advice is to read up and make a decision 4urself which will best suit your needs and goals

Back