What type antifreeze?

hillbilly

Registered
Steel brake lines are installed on the front now. Thanks Pashnit for advice and fast shipping. One thing that I learned was that Galfer cuts them a little tight. If you have raised your bars be sure to order over overlength. The stock ones were not tight but I had to watch routing for the Galfers. The brake pads will be here today so that will be finished.

What kind of antifreeze am I looking for? What about getting the air out of the system?

Going to read the manual before starting but just wondering what type of experiences people have had with changing the antifreeze.

By the way bleeding the front brakes was a piece of cake. I didn't have a bleeder and still got all the air out in half an hour.

I think in the manual you will find it says silicate free anti freeze. Taking 1/2 hour to do something that takes 5 or 10 minutes :poke: :laugh:

Water wetter is good for coolant but I don't think it has any anti freeze properties.

I have ran engine ice before and it is supposed to be good to -26 or so. It ran slightly cooler in my 06 but only slightly.

engine ice is what i use. you can operate on any track with engine ice as well. i drained my radiator first. then filled it back up with distilled water. ran it warmed it up. added in the overflow. then drained and repeated the process till there was nothing coming out but clear water. then filled with engine ice. warmed up. let cool ;then topped it off. had to do this a cpl of times to get the air bubbles out. worth doing. better even to add a muzzy blade as well. the combination is well worth it. mine never gets past half no matter what the circumstances now

I was thinking of either engine ice or water wetter. The water wetter didn't do much for cooling and nothing for antifreeze. Could probably do without changing the blade due to not sitting in traffic. We don't have enough cars for a good jam up in this area. Thanks for the advice.

engine ice is what i use. you can operate on any track with engine ice as well. i drained my radiator first. then filled it back up with distilled water. ran it warmed it up. added in the overflow. then drained and repeated the process till there was nothing coming out but clear water. then filled with engine ice. warmed up. let cool ;then topped it off. had to do this a cpl of times to get the air bubbles out. worth doing. better even to add a muzzy blade as well. the combination is well worth it. mine never gets past half no matter what the circumstances now

I totally agree...engine ice and a muzzy fan works wonders..

Back