what to use to tint windshield???

hemi

Registered
my suzuki db is on the way for my 08 and i would like to tint it a bit darker. Got vht tint but not much luck with it, decided to try it out on my stock screen and it didn't turn out very good, all splotchy and didn't cover very well. I have painted a bunch of truck bodies for my rc trucks, and used window tint for them from my hobby store, and from my experience the transparent tint sprays are a pain to work with, can normally do it pretty good on my truck body windows, but it's also a very small item i'm spraying. Any ideas or has anyone tried it with success? Really don't want to use black spray paint bc i would like it to still be transparent, to an extent. Good thing i tried it on my stock screen bc i never plan on using it again anyways, but i'm not spraying my new screen until i know i can do it right

Id sell it a get the one you want. You'll lose a few bucks, but thats better than having what you dont want or worse, messin it upi tryin to change it. My 02 for ya :thumbsup:

pay your local auto tint shop a visit and see if they can do something.

already have the puig dark smoke db which is a nice screen. Wanted to try out the suzuki db bc it seems to be a little bit higher and deflect the wind a bit better than the puig. Only complaint i have about it is i would like it to be darker

I heard something about tinting (tint shop) acrylic windows, that during temperature change it is possible that it will crack your windscreen.

Anyone else hear this?

I heard something about tinting (tint shop) acrylic windows, that during temperature change it is possible that it will crack your windscreen.
Anyone else hear this?

cut-and-pasted below from an airplane forum:

Normal adhesive tint (the type you see on automobiles) does not work well on acrylic. You will get bubbles and the heat needed to apply it would likely leave cracks down the road.

Back