What to upgrade on my '07

New windshield can get added to that "cruiser" list.

-Windshiled- Helps with deflecting wind off your body while cruising. I have a Puig double Bubble. I can see my Guages Easily now.

-Buell pegs- Lowers feet to give more comfort. Usually felt most at the knees.

-Helli Bars- Raises arms up so you don't feel so crunched over.

-Risers- Serves same purpose of Heli's,but cheaper and gives you the option to lowering the front end. Most install links in the rear at the same time as risers. Lowering the bike gives those "not so tall" riders more comfort while sitting at a light. Can install risers without lowering bike. I'm 6'3" and used "Soupy's lowering kit(sponsor)" and like both the look and feel of it. Doesn't change my riding style at all as I don't do the Twisty riding much. Still can do the Twisty's, just most raise the rear(from stock) for doing so.

-Seat- Soon to be one of my next Mods. Gel seat are nice and comfy. Only real downfall is all that "Gel" holds heat really well. Your but will get warmed up from it sitting in the sun while you stop off to have lunch. Torbin/Corbin and  a lot of take-offs(ebay) can also provide looks ,comfort,and be aprox 1/2" lower on your riding position. Giving shorty peeps better footing at a stop.

-ThrottleMeisters or Cruise control- Pretty much self explains it.

-New Hand Grips- Buying the right grips can add both looks and comfort.

-HID's- Lots put HID's on there bike. Makes a huge difference in both your sight and others seeing you! If you do a fair amount of riding at night,overcast conditions I suggest this mod. Big safety improvement. I don't ride much at night,but do plan on this in near future.

-Playboy Model- These sit well on back of the bike. They add both function and style at same time. They give great Moral boost when pulling into places like Hooters and such for lunch. Will make any discomfort that occurred while riding the bike seemly disappear just by admiring this mod. We all take time to admire our mods. This one you won't mind spending lots of time admiring  . Highly suggest this mod. *Warning Can be one of the most expensive "Mods" you add to your bike!
+1
thumb_up.gif

except for the Playboy Model.
crazy.gif

I have Harris grips which stay soft even cold climates and also wear gloves the have Gel pads on the palm side.

You can always have pegs Powder coated. I believe the Rearset that the pegs attach to on the 07 is silver in color though? Can have them Powder coated while you are at it.

you can get her a battery tender.. or a new rider to take care of her charging system
firedevil.gif

That's exactly what i said about my 07... there is nothing I need to change... it's only a cruiser.... then there was:
chrome parts tripple to lower
chrome caps for forks
chrome yolk cap
chrome front tank cover
Zero double buble dark black windscreen, helps reading the gauges and see your turn signals better
chrome rear links
chrome yoshi R22's bling slip ons
and PCIII mapped

now waiting on my own decition onto wich rims (chrome) i'm getting her
But all the other stuff around the frame is getting powder coated black(rear sets, rear hangers, rear brake bar)

Good luck with it.... I wish I had newer pics of (mami)
firedevil.gif

board_22.JPG

firedevil.gif

Speaking of vibration. Wasn't there someone on here who put together a set of bushings for both the gas tank and the top clamp cover? Was suppose to of worked out really good in cutting down vibration.
yes but it comes at a price IMO.. They were "not pretty" and IMO vibration is not an issue in the first place. I would certainly try different grips before "modding" the bar mounts with more rubber..
I've geared my first gen down 1 tooth up front...and when I'm doing fast cruising (anything over a gps corrected 80 now) the vibes get pretty bad in the 4700-6000 range. Its always done it...but gearing down just moved it down enough to become a pita. The only way around it is winding it up higher by keeping it in a lower gear, going slower, or just dealing with it. Usually tho I find I'm either below 80 or wayyy over it...so 75% of the time its not an issue  
winkold.gif

I would still probably look pretty closely at anything that helps reduce vibes tho....
So what methods have you tried so far or have you yet?  I was curious about some of the different grips out there and how well they work
I haven't tried anything yet except staying on top of my chain adjustment...that alone can have a noticeable effect  
winkold.gif
 I like the idea of the gel padded gloves. The vibes are pretty evenly distributed between the tank, bars, and pegs tho, so I think it would take a 3 pronged approach to really control it.

winkold.gif

Oh yeah! You def will want a "Battery Tender" for sure! Just attach the cable that comes with it(will stay on bike) and then plug the cable into the battery tender. That way when you come home after being away a while you will be able to just unplug it and start her right up. It's sole design is to keep a charge(won't over charge) in your battery. They range from about $30 on up. They very small also. Most use this for their bikes to store in winter months. Prolongs the life of the battery also.

This should be the number one thing for you considering how much time in between rides you say you will have.

Hey, before you do the rear brake bar, drill it. It looks good and don't cost a penny, only a few minutes and a drill press.
Check it out

IMG_6991_2__resized__191_kb.jpg

Back