What to look for?

xlr82x

Registered
Hello all, I am in the process of looking at 3 Hayabusa's and I was wondering if people could point out things to look for. I have rode for a while now, going on 5 years and this will be my first busa. I appreciate the help. I am look at three 06's. All less than 5k mileage and 7k or less in amount. Again I appreciate the help.

No problems with the '06's...just look for a bike in good condition. Clean, and a well serviced bike.

Make sure that the trans shifts good...especially 2nd gear...many noobies pu$$y foot the 1-2 shift and screw up the trans :banghead:

Listen to the engine closly if it doesnt sound right walk away, my brother heard an odd sound in one he was looking at and it turned out to be the bottom end was junk cost him dearly

Listen to the engine closly if it doesnt sound right walk away, my brother heard an odd sound in one he was looking at and it turned out to be the bottom end was junk cost him dearly

but the Busa isnt the quietest motor at idle. i was scared buying mine because of the noises it was making. it does quiet up some when you pull int he clutch.

:welcome: I'd look at the chain. look inside the right fairing at the radiator if it has a full exhaust it may have gotten dinged up during installation of the headers. if so that ask who installed the exhaust system and if it was the owner, that carelessness reflects on his ownership of the bike in general

Fork Seals Leaking= Wheelies, or rough roads or high miles....

Ignition Area all scratched up= "One of Those Guy's" used a key ring with keys to scratch everything up........My key is solo No Ring just the Busa key..................."One of Those Guy's"= Bubba Gumpy Goof who is not caring enough of his machine and is Clueless! and that carelessness reflects on his ownership of the bike in general

Missing Body Panel Bolts...

Back