what to do with an old goldwing?

red1100cc

Registered
I have been selling off bikes, trying to thin the herd. I began with 28. im down to 15-16? bikes. most of it parts bikes, or stuff with no titles and have been sitting for years.
a few weeks ago I sold my 1st wing to a kid I have known sense birth. it sat for 7yrs. fired up with a battery and some fresh gas. its still in need of a hand full of hundred dollar parts, just like it needed when I parked it. :whistle: that's why I parked it. but it runs.
I was shocked. it was awesome bringing it back to life. reminded me why I like tinkering. :beerchug:

that got me looking at the other wing. the last complete wing I have. a 82 1100 aspencade. 76,000mi on it. rode hard and put away wet. farkled and sparkeled to the max (for the day). but its a sound bike. no need for a bunch of hundred dollar parts, heck I even have a key and maybe even a title for it.
I got it from a friend that owed me money and had just put new shocks on it. he paid $350 for the shocks, and that's what he owed me, so he gave me the bike.
it too has sat for 6-7yrs and doesn't run at the moment.

soo... im a little pulled on what to do with it.
do I sell the sucker, as is, not running, for oh say $600?
do I put a battery and gas in it and sell it for a buck a cc?
or should I raid the parts bin and turn it into a Harley lookin Goldwing/Roadking? and try and get a couple grand outa it, after I play with it for a while?

I donno quite what to do....decisions, decisions. :drama:

Sat 6-7 yrs? Seems you'll have to clean the carbs, gas tank and petcock to get it running, not a fun job at all. I've never been a Goldwing fan but at the Minneapolis motorcycle show there were a few early GWs, pretty cool. I wouldn't mind having a stock 75 model in teal. Anyway, good luck w your 1100, no advice here except depends on your time. Something I'm very short of.

my first bike as an adult was a 1985 goldwing aspencade ... i was 20 and in the Corps ... put 50k miles on it in 2 years riding from Tustin air base in Cal. to my folks house in Louisiana. Loved that bike... man how things have changed..lol... always did do things bass akwards i guess... lol probably only thing that kept me alive

Yes... yes you can.

minigunbike2.jpg

minigunbike3.jpg

minigunbike4.jpg

minigunbike2.jpg

minigunbike3.jpg

minigunbike4.jpg

my first bike as an adult was a 1985 goldwing aspencade ... i was 20 and in the Corps ... put 50k miles on it in 2 years riding from Tustin air base in Cal. to my folks house in Louisiana. Loved that bike... man how things have changed..lol... always did do things bass akwards i guess... lol probably only thing that kept me alive

You are not alone. :laugh: I have a 1984 GW Aspencade - 20 years later I bought the Busa!
Still have the GW and use it.

Mine too!! It was an '85 Interstate that I got from a retired USAF guy while assigned at the Pentagon NMCC RedSwitch. He said he just wanted his battery money back and that was $39.99. I paid him $40 and sat on it until I got out. Spent three hundred bucks on restoration supplies to clean the fuel system, clean and coat the tank, new timing belt, rebuilt the carbs, cleaned out rebuilt the braking system and fired it up!... Best money I ever spent. It was a slug, probably needed a card balance and more but it ran and got me on two wheels. 8 years former USAF here.

Back