What to do when.....

pretty much. but remember most of the time wen the police stop someone its because they match a description of someone they are looking for so no you are not free to leave and yes you are being detained.

motor vehicle stops are an exception to the search warrant requirement. this being due to the fact that vehicles are mobile. and remember most encounters with police come from motor vehicle stops and during a motor vehicle stop the police can order everyone out of the vehicle and no u are not free to leave. its a detention, a legal one. its a law backed by the supreme court that allows the police to order ppl out of their vehicle and u are not free to leave till the cop is finished with his investigation.

you better have ur ID on you when you get stopped in a car. cause if you don't you do not have the right to remain silent when the police ask you what ur name is.

also in Connecticut if u get stopped for carrying a pistol openly you are REQUIRED to show a pistol permit and if you don't you will be subject to arrest and ur pistol permit will be revoked.

yes u have the right to refuse consent to search ur vehicle. but, remember u were stopped for some sort of MV violation and u refuse to allow the police to search there is a possibility that the cop will not use his discretion and now write you a ticket for wat u were stopped for. cooperation goes a long way wen u hav nothn to hide.

if u got nothn to hide then why not allow them to search. you don't have to tho. but, u can bet if a K9 is working it will be summoned over. a K9 can only search the outside of the vehicle at first. if it hits on the vehicle then the dog will go in and likely start destroying chit looking for drugs.

and if u are arrested you do have the right to know why. ur charges will be read to u in booking while ur being processed.

Depending on the state some minor details are different but for the most part it is correct.

-D

I've heard the the K-9 unit officers can create a false hit by touching it or by the commands they give to then enter the vehicle.

I've heard the the K-9 unit officers can create a false hit by touching it or by the commands they give to then enter the vehicle.
heard from whom? if the dog sits it means he has hit on a spot of the car that contains OR contained narcotics.

but remember that could be marijuana u smoked a week ago or buds left behind. nonetheless the K9's go thru (3) months of dedicated drug training. if the dog doesn't sit then there is no command to enter the vehicle.

the police dash cam doesn't lie.

I somewhat reliable source said if he brings the dog to the same spot a couple of times and points he will alert on it. Then they can go through the vehicle.

well, its that what ur reliable source told you then id say he's not to reliable to begin with or maybe he needs to go back for retraining. and if thats what he does to get inside a car then he shud resign today and give that dog to someone who actually has pride in his profession. there are 10%ers in every profession. LE is no exception.

I somewhat reliable source said if he brings the dog to the same spot a couple of times and points he will alert on it. Then they can go through the vehicle.

It just kills me that there are people out there looking for reason to bash the LEOs. I'm sick and tired of all these ppl that say they have been victimized by a LEO so they can get their 15 mins of fame.

So GNB how do you feel about people videoing you while on the job?
well, not gonna say I like it but its pretty common on every call we go on now which means we have to watch what we say lol. its signs of the times. everyone has a video camera now since everyone has a smart phone now.

there are still limits to what ppl can do when video taping. they must remain at a safe distance and not interfere with wat were doing. some get all righteous and think they can get all up in ur face cause they seen someone on the utube doing just that. they soon learn that they can't do that while being hauled off to jail!

It just kills me that there are people out there looking for reason to bash the LEOs. I'm sick and tired of all these ppl that say they have been victimized by a LEO so they can get their 15 mins of fame.

i understant your pain Don but remember if the police wasnt doing it people would not be saying it i lost a class mate standing in his front yard with a shotgun shoot twice by the police AFTER he laid the gun down and step away from it POW POW 18 YEAR OLD SHOT DEAD and he did what the police told him to do and yes i know this to be a fact as me and the other neighbors watch it happen .dont worry 12 did resign 4 years later R.I.P. lilDuke so it may be a good cop or 2 but not many i personal dont care for them and will not call up on them. no one is perfect but to wrongly take a life is just WRONG

Back