What tires to buy?

shinko's are my favorite.. great tire for the money.
003 ultra soft=least miles but superb traction

003=balance of miles and traction.

005=more miles but not quite as sticky

Michelin Pilot Road 2 (2ct) great miliage, 2 compound tire (2ct) hard in the middle so it dont ware too quick soft on the sides so you can still corner. Me and my friends are getting 9 to 12 thousand miles out of these.

Since I put the stock arm back on I run metz M3 now but..

Heres a 200 shinko 003 u-soft with trac 6-9 arm ( sorry, closest to a rear shot I have )

l_9b8c3a1a853ff522f340b0dc65e1648f.jpg

Last edited:
I've only ridden the busa with dunlop's. The last set I got I put the quilifer in the front and the roadsmart on the rear since I do alot highway to and from work.I like the way they work.I don't track day the bike I just ride.I've never had a problem with the way they work when the pace pick's up. Good luck with your choice.

Avon Storms...and if you get something stuck in them in the first month or so ask them about a Road Hazard Warranty...they will replace the tire free of charge if you fill out the paper work. (I did it so I know.):thumbsup:

I've run Metzlers on my V-twin for aways and not too satisfied with the longevity, then I went Darkside (CT-car tire on rear)...lookin' at 40,000 miles plus on that one.

I've rode Shinko's 005 and blew through those pretty quick. (And yeah, I coulda went with the 003 but I wanted something that would help me read the road and scoot me quick along the way) So I did some blog surfing and found the Continental Conti-Force Road Attacks to be quite versatile. I got around 2500miles from the first set (uh huh, I rode them rather hard and fried off a few hundred miles a couple times-well more than a couple) and I'm looking at over 3500 on my second set. I love 'em. Little slippery in cooler weather (50-60ish degrees) but once they're warm...'berry nice!' They also make a Sport Attack with a more aggressive (read that 'softer') traction compound but the Road Attack's are totally 'kick bootie' (for the minor's amoung us!).

Here is a least one review:
Continental contiForce tire review! - KatRiders.com
and I'm sure there are others. I'll try and post some pics.

As has been said, yer gonna get a bunch of different opinions, and ya know what they say about opinions? Everyone's got one, just some blow out there's a little more often than others! Little humor...um, very little. Good luck on your investigations!

DSC00082.JPG

DSC00085.JPG

I just got my first busa and it needs tires. I know everyone has there favorites but can some one tell me some ups and downs the found with tires they have used? I do all around riding nothing to crazy no stunting just looking for a good handling tire.

Thanks
As you see if 10 guys answer your thread you will get 10 differant suggestions.. I have used several differant tires IMO with what I have used is the Michelin Pilot Road 2 on rear and reg Pilot power frt, unless your a really agressive rider these will give you around 8K give or take

I just ordered a set of Stones BT016 and will give them a try. I like the Qualifiers, Diablo's and Pilot Roads. Like someone else said. All the tires are good. Depends on your style of riding, climate and road conditions. I think if you do any traveling or distance riding dual compound tires might well be the way to go. I'll let everyone know my impressions of the stones. Wardie

Michelin Pilot Road 2 (2ct) great miliage, 2 compound tire (2ct) hard in the middle so it dont ware too quick soft on the sides so you can still corner. Me and my friends are getting 9 to 12 thousand miles out of these.

What he said. Dont know about the 9-12k though, havent got that far yet.

Pilot Power 2CT !!!!!!!!!!! Next Time I will Try the BT-16. The Qualifiers are a Good Tire Also Especially for the Track. PP2CT Get Greasy on the Track i have heard.......

Good Luck :cheerleader:

Just put a new quailifer on the front 6,600 mile's. 2,000 on the roadsmart rear and almost no sign of wear in the center. Let everyone what you think of the b-stone's.

Last edited:
DEF. go get the Michelin Power Pilot 2CT. It last longer. All my friends used it ever since I introduce 2CT to them.

Well just ordered a set of Pirelli diablos from cycle gear they had a sale 200.00 for a 190 and a 120 couldn't pass up the deal. Just hope i like them so i can get it in some turns!

I jsut put the Avon Storms on mine and have been happy thus far, and I have to say that they look very aggressive. Not like the ugly stock tires.....

Back