what the heck?  thought the busa was bulletproof?

mospeed

Registered
I need help. I left the house for an evening ride and everything was fine. I stop at Exxon for some supreme. The bike started fine and a I pull out of the station and the bike doesn't want to go and hestates bad and doesn't want to rev past 2k rpm. I push the clutch in to rev it and it dies. I pull to the side of the road and it doesn't start and doesn't want to stay on. The battery finally drains.

Any ideas?

I have 2400 miles on a 06. Full yoshi. Marble mod. Hid light. That's it.

Help!

Why premium, she needs 87
rock.gif

i think he pulled the clutch in to take the load off the motor so it will rev easier?

(semi @ Feb. 07 2007,22:10) i think he pulled the clutch in to take the load off the motor so it will rev easier?
Ahh got it. Thanks Semi.

i don't think anything could have happened to the air so it has to be fire or fuel i would think...if you are getting fire through the spark plugs my first guess would be bad gas or trash in the tank

Also sound like your idle maybe too low also!

Is the gas station a small mom and pop? Were they filling the tanks during one of your fuel ups?

Have you filled up at that station before? If everything was working fine till you filled up, I would drain that gas & refill from somewhere you know and trust & see what happens. As long as you just got a load of water you won't have to replace the fuel filter.
beerchug.gif

Its a small place but its a Exxon gas, maybe. No tanker truck either. I know not too.

Ill drain the gas and are what happens.

I think that may do the trick, but if the line is clogged you may have to do a little more.

Start there.

Mine had a problem like that last month it didn't hesitate but when I started it it didn't run very good and then it wouldn't start without giving it gas . I charged the battery up and it works fine now . The battery was low from doing short trips to my buddies for work . Sounds wierd but no problems for a month now . and I ride everyday.

I had this same problmem with my 01 busa, Wouldn't rev past 2100 rpms, sounded hollow when I tryed popping the throttle open and died, When I got it home, spark was fine air filter was clean, and I had no way to check the injector pulse or fuel psi, But the fuel pump was making noise. We actually never figured out what was wrong but I drained the gas {not because I thought there was something wrong with the fuel but to check the internal pump}, refilled it with fresh fuel, charged the battery, and it started and ran perfectly again, I had the bike anouther 2 yars, and never had another problem, so we kind of chalked it up to bad gas, although the gas I took out I ran through the lawn tractor and it ran fine...
Thats where I would start, change gas clean pump charge battery. If that doesnt work...
Check air way, spark, fuel psi, injection pulse, and then cylinder pressure. then check the fuel injectors and spark plugs themsselves. That will ussually get you to the bottom of any internal cumbustion engine problem. If everything checks out fine, you will need to check the ignition timing and the injection timing {but I never heard of the busa having ecm problems}
Good luck....

Back